LED Lights - is Comfort Pack worth it

RAPS3

Reaction score
Website
www.google.co.uk
I'm just about to order my new S3 - but have a quesiton that the configurator doesnt seem to answer.

I've specced the LED Headlights - which automatically includes the light and rain sensor as part of this. To enable the headlights based on conditions I presume.

There lies an assumption that this takes into account "Auto lights" - although the text on the audi site doesnt actually say this.
Does it mean Auto wipers as standard too?

I will have the sensor - but maybe not the auto wipers?

I've also specced the Audi Parking system (front and rear sensors)

Am I missing a trick not specifying the comfort pack

With the comfort pack - it states you get the following:-

• Light / Rain Sensor with auto headlights and wipers (have the sensor for the lights - but not auto wipers maybe?)
  • Dimming rear view mirror (not really bothered about this ' luxury' )
  • Acoustic glass (again not fussed)
  • Rear sensors (already have as part or the audi parking system - and would need to add the front sensors anyway if i only had the comfort package)
  • Cruise control - never used it on my old S3 - so wouldnt spec it again

So in theory - if I spec the Comfort pack - the only thing I would 'want' would be the auto wipers and the others would be thrown in as part of the deal.

So in a long winded way - can anyone confirm - does the LED headlights - with the light and rain sensor - automatically give you auto wipers?

:)

I'm just about to order my new S3 - but have a quesiton that the configurator doesnt seem to answer.

I've specced the LED Headlights - which automatically includes the light and rain sensor as part of this. To enable the headlights based on conditions I presume.

There lies an assumption that this takes into account "Auto lights" - although the text on the audi site doesnt actually say this.
Does it mean Auto wipers as standard too?

I will have the sensor - but maybe not the auto wipers?

I've also specced the Audi Parking system (front and rear sensors)

Am I missing a trick not specifying the comfort pack

With the comfort pack - it states you get the following:-

• Light / Rain Sensor with auto headlights and wipers (have the sensor for the lights - but not auto wipers maybe?)
  • Dimming rear view mirror (not really bothered about this ' luxury' )
  • Acoustic glass (again not fussed)
  • Rear sensors (already have as part or the audi parking system - and would need to add the front sensors anyway if i only had the comfort package)
  • Cruise control - never used it on my old S3 - so wouldnt spec it again

So in theory - if I spec the Comfort pack - the only thing I would 'want' would be the auto wipers and the others would be thrown in as part of the deal.

So in a long winded way - can anyone confirm - does the LED headlights - with the light and rain sensor - automatically give you auto wipers?

:)

Download a copy of the Pricing and Specification Guide from Audi UK. Brochures < Contact us < About Audi
On page 60 option (PG1) is the LED light package where is says it includes LED headlights (PX7), Light and rain sensor package (PU8) and Interior Lighting package (QQ4). Page 64 gives details of the option (PU8) Light and rain sensor package where is says it automatically switches the windscreen wipers on/off depending on the light and rain conditions.

So I would assume from that the LED light package does include automatic wipers as well as automatic lights. There are so main options and packages that do or do not include this and that I can be difficult to work it all out. Hope this helps

On page 60 option (PG1) is the LED light package where is says it includes LED headlights (PX7), Light and rain sensor package (PU8) and Interior Lighting package (QQ4). Page 64 gives details of the option (PU8) Light and rain sensor package where is says it automatically switches the windscreen wipers on/off depending on the light and rain conditions.

Dave,

RAPS3 is taking about LED for an S3 - so you have to look at page 69 for LED headlights on the S-line and S3 (option PX7).
On that page it states:
Including LED rear lights, headlight cleaning system and Light and rain sensor package (PU8).

However, I think the end result is the same - you get PU8 which gives you auto wipers.

I went for the comfort pack anyway.
Just a shame you don't get the Comfort pack on the S3 with LED lights for the reduced price as shown on page 60 (£300 with LED light package PG1, £605 for us S3 owners with LED headlights PX7).

Dave,

I went for the comfort pack anyway.
Just a shame you don't get the Comfort pack on the S3 with LED lights for the reduced price as shown on page 60 (£300 with LED light package PG1, £605 for us S3 owners with LED headlights PX7).

yes thats pretty crappy considering ordering a more expensive car!

But you have to bear in mind that the LED lights for an S3 are £795 (PX7) whereas for an SE they are £2000, but do include PU8 (light and rain sensor) and QQ4 (interior lights).

I think this will answer the question.
From the description of the PX7 package on page 69 of the brochure:-
LED headlights. Combining their unmistakable looks, a long service life and excellent efficiency. LED headlights
offer dipped beam, high beam and the combined function of daytime running lights, sidelights and indicators.
The stunning Audi light graphics give the headlights a striking appearance.
- Including LED rear lights, headlight cleaning system and Light and rain sensor package (PU8)
PU7, which is the Comfort pack variant of this adds the auto-dipping rear-view mirror (which you don't want).
My view is that, for you, the Comfort pack is probably a needless expense.
All that being said, the comfort pack comes in a number of guises, depending on the parking assistance level (rear-only, front and rear, park assist, with camera, etc) and the flavour of cruise control (standard or adaptive).

I have specced LED lighting for my SE (£2000) and "saved" £305 on the Comfort pack.

Last edited:
I love the auto-dimming rear view mirror in mine... I'm no longer bothered by the inevitable idiots with badly fitted after-market xenon kits or people who have loaded their boot up and don't know how to use their manual headlight range control :D Combined with the auto dimming wing mirror it's great

Reactions: JohnM100, mjcourtney and M11 CUV
Hmm I got charged £300 for the comfort pack on my S3 with LED lights. Guess that was wrong but neither the salesman nor I sdpotted it so oh well!