LED kit

Malfuss

Reaction score
Hi T8ups.

Just wondering whether you could do me a kit for an A4 B6. I have HIDs fitted so looking for some sidelights, main beam (assuming non-LED, just need something brighter/whiter), rear number plate lights, also looking for 1 front dome light (already have LED's fitted internally but one has gone already), 2 front footwell lights, 2 rear footwell lights and finally boot lights (not sure how many I should have, they've never worked! Car is an Avant).

Feel free to PM me if you need to.

Cheers

Hi.

i can supply what you want.

Do you know what type of boot light is in there? and do you know if the bulbs have blown or the fuse is out?

Also for the front dome lights it might be better if you bought a pair so they match up?

Thanks
Trups

Hi, I'm interested in you interior LED light kit for a 2008 B8 Avant with the interior light pack, but just a few questions;.

- I've tried LED "dome" lights in previos cars and lost the "fade out" feature - the LEDS came on and off more abbruptly than the filament bulbs - would this be a similar issue in the B8?
- The footwell lights are already LED, but with a single SMD - does your kit upgrade these too, as the single SMD is a little dim (with red lamp tape over the lens!) - or is a red LED an option?
- When I got the car it already had some LED boot lamps - cheap e-bay ones I'm assuming as even when not fully illuminated they flicker slightly, although only noticeable at night.

If you could confirm, along with price I'd be grateful.

Many thanks,
Ian

Hi Ian.

i can supply the kit for you, the kit for the avant is £65.

have a read of this. - http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s...169323-interior-led-conversion-pic-heavy.html

The LED's i supply do fade in and out.

you will get 2 new boot lights in the kit and the footwell lights can be supplied in white or red and are apart of the kit, they come with 4 smd's on each bulb and are a direct replacment.

Thanks

- The footwell lights are already LED, but with a single SMD - does your kit upgrade these too, as the single SMD is a little dim Many thanks, Ian
the footwell lights t8ups supplies are very bright, you will be cleaning the footwells daily! i've had the full set of all led in mine now for a few months and apart from one doa (which was replaced next day) they all work perfectly and i get lots of comments about how much nicer is is being able to see inside the car at night

Thanks for the replies.
Thats great news, I'd miss the fade in fade out effect as it much classier tham an abrupt on/off.
Whilst the sindle OEM led in the footwell is ok on full power whilst the doors open, on ambient even at 100% it doesn't cut it with the red film I've attached to the lenses, so the 4 LED red version sounds perfect.
If I get tired of vacuuming the footwells I can always dim the ambient level!
I've read that link before, so I'll head back there now and get some ordered.
Thanks again
Ian

Hi,

LEDS fitted today (would have been yesterday but had to collect from the PO this morning) and wow, so much better than stock items and the ebay LEDs that were fitted. The footwell lights dont have to be at 100% and wanting more, they actually need dimming and no flicker from the boot lamps when shut.
Only one thing, as its an Avant there are three boot lamps rather than the two in the saloon - would you be able to supply a third?
Really can't recommend these enough, super quick delivery too.
Dont bother trying to source second rate ebay LEDS... you'll end up buying twice!

Ian

Hi Ian.

Where is the 3rd lamp?

on a saloon there is only 1 lamp.

when i last checked a b8 Avant i thought there was a lamp on each side of the boot, or is there one in the tail gate?

Thanks

Hi,

There are two either side of the load area and one in the tailgate itself that raises above your head, so could be easily missed unless your checking in the dark! Its' slightly off centre to the Near Side, but is the same type of lamp as the other two.
Mines an August 2008 model, so it may even be that they've deleted this lamp on later models.

Best regards,
ian

Hi Ian.

i went in a facelift B8 in Audi a few weeks ago and this was not there on the tailgate.

so you just need that one sent out then.

I will sort it out next week as i am out of boot lights untill tuesday.

Thanks
trups

Many thanks,
Thats fine there's no hurry.
Strange that they would re-tool the tailgate trim & the costs involved to save the cost of a lamp on later models. Perhaps its the weight saving they're after .... anything to reduce emissions ;-)
Thanks again,
Ian

Hi.

i can supply what you want.

Do you know what type of boot light is in there? and do you know if the bulbs have blown or the fuse is out?

Also for the front dome lights it might be better if you bought a pair so they match up?

Thanks
Trups

Sorry it's taken so long to reply but I've now checked my boot. I have a red light on the actual tailgate when I open it and inside the boot it looks like I have one light on the drivers side. I say 'looks like' because all I have there is a hole with some wires hanging out and a spring (?!?!). However, if you could still supply one of those I'll keep it until I source a new light unit.

With regards to the dome light, yes I'll take two of them. I also noticed the silver indicator bulbs in your signature, please would you include a pair of those as well in the price.

Also, is there much difference if I changed the red door lights to LED as well?

Right, just going to recap, for my own sake as well as I've just looked at your LED link and have found other lights I didn't account for! All LED except for the main beam (I guess).
  • Sidelights
  • Fog lights (not 100% about these so please could you price as an extra)
  • Main beam
  • 2x Vanity lights
  • 2x dome lights
  • 2x Front footwell lights (are there any difference in price if I went red?)
  • 2x Rear footwell lights
  • 2x front door lights (the active reflectors)
  • 2x rear door lights (ditto)
  • 2x rear number plate lights
  • 1x boot light (can you supply the unit as well?)
  • 1x tailgate light
  • 2x silver indicator bulbs
Right, think that covers it!

Third boot light received yesterday and fitted last light... nowI have the matching set!
Thanks very much for the great service, quick delivery and great products.
Interior is transformed!

Thanks again,
Ian

Pictures Ian or it didnt happen :noway:

Glad you like them, it brings the car into the 21st cent without it been too over powering to look out of place.

Trups

Right, just going to recap, for my own sake as well as I've just looked at your LED link and have found other lights I didn't account for! All LED except for the main beam (I guess).
  • Sidelights
  • Fog lights (not 100% about these so please could you price as an extra)
  • Main beam
  • 2x Vanity lights
  • 2x dome lights
  • 2x Front footwell lights (are there any difference in price if I went red?)
  • 2x Rear footwell lights
  • 2x front door lights (the active reflectors)
  • 2x rear door lights (ditto)
  • 2x rear number plate lights
  • 1x boot light (can you supply the unit as well?)
  • 1x tailgate light
  • 2x silver indicator bulbs
Right, think that covers it!

Sorry ive not replied, il do it by the weekend, i promise. :)

Malfuss.

just working out what you need, i just had a customer take a B6 kit and you should have puddle lights also.

i can supply a unit for the Boot light, in the loon you will have 2 lamps.

on the inside do you have 4 map lights also?

Thanks

Yeah I have 4 map lights. I'm fairly sure I don't have puddle lights as I had a feel around the other day, however I will check again tonight when it's dark.

Right, it doesn't look like I have puddle lights, although it is something I would like to add. Could you maybe give me the cost of those separately, and the units if you can supply them!

Hi.

would you want these looms as a plug and play or are you any good with a soldering iron?

Il get the price to you for this lot this weekend and then we can talk about the puddle lights as they will be an easy add on for you :)

Trups

Sorry.. :(

Your B6 interior:
2x Vanity lights - £5
2x dome lights - £7
2x Front footwell lights - £8 - no charge if you want them in red
2x Rear footwell lights - £8
2x front door lights (the active reflectors) - £8
2x rear door lights (ditto) - £8
1x boot light (can you supply the unit as well?) - £4 (which light unit is it?
1x tailgate light - £4

The Boot has 2 lights, none on the tailgate its self( one in the parcel shelf and on the slam panel.
Interior kit total is £52. For buying as a kit i will do it for £44.

For the exterior:
numberplates - £5
main beam and full beam - £10
fog lights when they come into stock - £10
sidelights - £7 - 4 led canbus
Chrome indicators for the front - £4.50

for the main beams i can supply a HID kit as the B6's have a dome they would look fantastic. :)

Let me know if you have any questions and we can go from there. All in stock apart from Front fogs.
Trups

Reactions: K.A
Thanks Trups

I have the Avant and I can't see more than 1 light in there other than an active reflector in the tailgate. My parcel shelf is also one of those pull out thingies so I can't see where another light would be. The light unit that is definitely missing is the one on the right hand side of the boot. There are 2 wires hanging out and some sort of a spring in the recess. I do have a few issues with electrics in the boot as the window washer doesn't work, the heated rear screen doesn't work and no lights come on in the rear! It's something I need to sort out but I gotta say I'm terrible with working on cars.

I don't need the HIDS thanks, as I'm already running 4300 ones from HIDS Direct (I ordered them before I found your threads).

I think I'll go for the red footwell lights, can I get them front and rear? Let me know the best method of payment as well. I'm going to go for all of the above except for the fogs. I will order those as soon as they come in. So I make it a grand total of £70.50.

Hi.

ok i get it now. i will send you out the boot roof lights which are 2 festoons and the active reflector in the boot lid is a festoon also.

i am not sure that them 2 wires are, sounds to me like it could of been a 12v socket there?

i make it 65.50 as i quoted for main beam and full beam, as you already have HID's you wont need 2 pairs.

Paypal is fine, sales@emtuning.co.uk

Thanks
Trups