LED Interior lighting

Thx, ordered a 17 piece set from the Czech Republic for £25 from eBay.

Bought these below. They are very reliable and great quality. There have different kit . Search premium led A6 C7 on eBay. It's a Czech seller

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/281922881012

I can vouch for them as I bought mine from the same seller. Been fitted nearly 12 months and have not had a single issue. They give off a really nice light without being too bright

See a lot of posts about these led upgrades. Does my new - Dec 16 BE come with leds as standard, it's a very white led type of light.

I assume it must as I don't see why people would upgrade if not? The light is very nice.

Nope. Not unless you specced the upgraded interior light package

Not sure if its standard on the BE though

Here's my LED's

IMG 0038

Interesting... if mine hasn't got led light I simply cant see why you'd 'upgrade' it's a really white light.

I'll have to investigate!

Interesting... if mine hasn't got led light I simply cant see why you'd 'upgrade' it's a really white light.

I'll have to investigate!

Maybe they changed them over the years but my 2011 had horrible yellow light bulbs hence why you upgrade!!

As with anything, there is always a reason to upgrade ;)

I have the lighting pack on my 2016 (optioned) and it still had a mix of LED and normal (yellow light) bulbs interior. That did look poor - hence why I went all LED.

I'm sure I must be wrong, it's just I noticed how white the light was on my 'non light pack' car when I collected it a few weeks back.

I have a 2016 A6 C7 Saloon that i just bought, didn't have the interior LEDs, bought the full set of EMTuning and fitted them myself, made a huge difference. EMTuning is a site sponsor here. Question is there any way i can have the footwell lights on permanently even when driving, had them on the A3.

Reactions: t8ups
I have a 2016 A6 C7 Saloon that i just bought, didn't have the interior LEDs, bought the full set of EMTuning and fitted them myself, made a huge difference. EMTuning is a site sponsor here. Question is there any way i can have the footwell lights on permanently even when driving, had them on the A3.

In vcds you can tick a box and they will come on when the headlights are on.

Reactions: Sean Byrne
All,

My kits include the footwell light boards which eBay kits don't offer. I know they are led but they are very dim and when upgrading the rest of the car it will look like you don't have footwell lights.

There are 3 kits on the C7, basic which is standard, light pack which has all halogen apart from the footwells then the ambient led pack which is led and halogen. We have upgrade kits for all 3 versions.

Thanks

Reactions: TheStigOnline and Sean Byrne
You can turn the footwell brightness right up with VCDS as well.

Mine has not the light pack, but after changing all interior bulbs to LED and setting the footwell lights to high via vcds they give a nice ambient footwell light now (like our old audi, except we could adjust the brightness via mmi as well)

Reactions: TheStigOnline and Sean Byrne
Thanks t8ups and dieseldoos for the info, unfortunately don't know of anyone down in Southern Ireland with the VCDS Equipment, also wanted to get the needle sweep effect.
Email me Sean, a good friend of mine has vcds in Southern Ireland, he works a week on and off but comes home for long stints and may be able to meet you and do some changes :)

I live in Drogheda and have vcds if it's convenient for you send me a pm.

Reactions: Sean Byrne
You can turn the footwell brightness right up with VCDS as well.

Mine has not the light pack, but after changing all interior bulbs to LED and setting the footwell lights to high via vcds they give a nice ambient footwell light now (like our old audi, except we could adjust the brightness via mmi as well)

I have my footwell lights activated, but they are a little dim. I didn't see an option with vcds to increase the brightness of them...

09 Central el... Adaption - Channel 52... default is 120, adjust this number to 200 (max) and save.

Reactions: TheStigOnline
09 Central el... Adaption - Channel 52... default is 120, adjust this number to 200 (max) and save.

Thanks for that. I just had to go to security access and enter the code before going back and having access to adjust the value from its default 120 to my new value 170. I'll see how bright the new value is before I decide to adjust it again.

Last edited:
I've now upgraded the interior lights and trust me they are much better. The only ones I haven't done are the floor lights, which I'll do later.

What annoys me is why don't Audi do this as standard.

Reactions: Jakes2514 and Sean Byrne