LED Interior lighting - how does yours work?

S3GCN

Reaction score
Evening all

My S3 has the LED interior lighting and the light in the passenger footwell has never worked in the nearly 3 years that the car has been in the family.

I've had the car in at Audi for a service today and while it was there I told them to sort the non-working light before the warranty expires. So they say it was a wiring fault and is fixed. Hooray!

But then driving home from the dealers I have a niggling feeling that something doesn't seem right. I feel like the interior lights are normally lit but this afternoon they weren't.

So my question is this - how does your interior lighting work?

With just the drl's lit in the daytime there are no interior lights on. If I turn the headlights on in the day the interior lights seem very dim. When I take the key out of the ignition in the daylight the interior lights come on but seem dim. I've been out tonight and the lights in the footwells speakers cupholders are all lit but don't feel as bright as they did.

I'm sure that it was previously set with the light levels less than full but looking at the settings now they are all maxed out.

How bright are your lights?

I was narked when I got home thinking I'd have to mess about taking the car back to get the lights sorted but now I'm not sure whether there is anything wrong or if I am imagining that the interior lights used to be lit during the day.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers!