LED Interior Light Pack Vs Extended Interior Light Pack

I dont have any foot-well lights, door lights, cup-holder lights, nothing. :/ only the typical overhead lights and vanity mirror lights. and my volume and scroll wheel knobs have the ring lights.
You'd think for a car with the virtual ****-pit and matrix LED headlights, they'd throw in that stuff along with it.

I thought the light and vision pack did, but then Audi dropped it for more recent cars, like they have many options...

It is quite interesting interior to sit in with many colour combinations for individual setting :wink:

Attachments

• PicsArt_10-20-09.45.26.jpg
    PicsArt_10-20-09.45.26.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 740
Reactions: cuke2u
Fab ain't it... I keep looking on the Trader for my next car and then I get in this at night and think "Naaaaah, keep this one!"

Reactions: rasA4, tickedon, numec and 1 other person
My 2017 sline seem has basic white interior lights and although they are bright on dash, eg cup holders, the ones in doors etc are pretty weak.

I've also got the Amazon puddle lights and they are a tight fit but I rammed them in anyway and after a few months they are still working.

You can turn the interior illumination up in settings if I'm not mistaken, I was having a play with this the very evening I got it.

Sorry to hijack this thread but has anyone considered aftermarket interior light optic cables?

I brought one off eBay for around 20 pounds n it's absolutely transformed the car at night!

You have different brightness levels and have different colours aswell controlled via a remote.

You can use the app but haven't done so far.

Here's a picture attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20200421_010533_676.jpg
    IMG_20200421_010533_676.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 440
  • Screenshot_20200604-161841~2.png
    Screenshot_20200604-161841~2.png
    773.3 KB · Views: 403
  • Screenshot_20200604-161850~2.png
    Screenshot_20200604-161850~2.png
    816.8 KB · Views: 401
  • Screenshot_20200604-162305.png
    Screenshot_20200604-162305.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 410
  • Screenshot_20200604-162256.png
    Screenshot_20200604-162256.png
    956.2 KB · Views: 418
Sorry to hijack this thread but has anyone considered aftermarket interior light optic cables?

I brought one off eBay for around 20 pounds n it's absolutely transformed the car at night!

You have different brightness levels and have different colours aswell controlled via a remote.

You can use the app but haven't done so far.

Here's a picture attached.

I've always been apprehensive about these. I always get the vibe that they'll look a bit cheap and dont fit the car. But I hope I'm wrong, because my car has literally 0 interior ambient lighting, not footwells, nothing, and I dont know what I can do to make it look nicer inside.

Reactions: syed123
I've always been apprehensive about these. I always get the vibe that they'll look a bit cheap and dont fit the car. But I hope I'm wrong, because my car has literally 0 interior ambient lighting, not footwells, nothing, and I dont know what I can do to make it look nicer inside.

If you don't do it right or buy the wrong type yes they will look very tacky.

I initially brought blueish turquoise ones which stayed that colour and during the day the colour of the optic cable was blue and very noticeable.

The optic cable on now is transparent and not that noticeable during the day. You slide it in the smallest gaps. There's one just above the a.c. which you can see in the pics.

When I get the chance I'll take a pic of the inside during the day to show how it looks.

The wiring is vast so I tucked most of it in the glovebox.

Also had to use 4 light lamp projectors into different parts of the optic cable to ensure the light was evenly spread.

Sounds a bit complex but very simple. Takes about an hour to do properly.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RGB-Fibe...2?pageci=4f295097-f3ea-4066-b0fb-f9747fc1d98a

If you don't do it right or buy the wrong type yes they will look very tacky.

I initially brought blueish turquoise ones which stayed that colour and during the day the colour of the optic cable was blue and very noticeable.

The optic cable on now is transparent and not that noticeable during the day. You slide it in the smallest gaps. There's one just above the a.c. which you can see in the pics.

When I get the chance I'll take a pic of the inside during the day to show how it looks.

The wiring is vast so I tucked most of it in the glovebox.

Also had to use 4 light lamp projectors into different parts of the optic cable to ensure the light was evenly spread.

Sounds a bit complex but very simple. Takes about an hour to do properly.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RGB-Fibe...2?pageci=4f295097-f3ea-4066-b0fb-f9747fc1d98a

The ebay link expired for me. How did you get power to them? USB or Cigarette lighter port? how do you hide that part of it. Is there an easy way to get power somewhere else?

The ebay link expired for me. How did you get power to them? USB or Cigarette lighter port? how do you hide that part of it. Is there an easy way to get power somewhere else?

It comes with a cigarette lighter. There is another way but too complex. It has to wires you have to connect to a power source so you have to take off Some of the dash.

You can see a wire coming out of the glovebox into the cig lighter but doesn't look bad at all.

Hi,

Has anyone got a 2017 Audi, preferably an a5 with the LED lighting pack (not extended version). If so could you tell me if the side walls on the centre console light up on both the drivers and passengers side, as mine only light up on the drivers as per the pictures attached.

Attachments

• 4A1BF570-DBEC-49B7-8838-16ABA01D9B97.jpeg
    4A1BF570-DBEC-49B7-8838-16ABA01D9B97.jpeg
    355.6 KB · Views: 379
  • 424E5CE5-E341-413F-A2DD-53A7DB5FA59E.jpeg
    424E5CE5-E341-413F-A2DD-53A7DB5FA59E.jpeg
    471.5 KB · Views: 376
You wouldn’t happen to have the part number would you. As my car is still under warranty yet the service centre seem to think nothing is wrong . Thanks

I assume that my passengers side should be lighting up then. Just need some clarification before discussion with the dealership again as going back there next week. Thanks

You wouldn’t happen to have the part number would you. As my car is still under warranty yet the service centre seem to think nothing is wrong . Thanks

Part number for LED Audi Rings is ....
4G0.052.133G (box code for pair)
4G0.052.134D (right)
4G0.052.135D (left)

These are the LED modules with the SMALL plug fitting

Ouch, I got mine for £40. They didn't have a box but you're not looking for the box :D

I got 2 sets for £70

IMG-20200717-101438.jpg

I assume that my passengers side should be lighting up then. Just need some clarification before discussion with the dealership again as going back there next week. Thanks

Yes it should be lit up ... its quite difficult for the connector into the lighting module to fall out, so I presume its a faulty lighting module.

Thanks, I’m assuming this is in relation to the Audi ring light logo ? What I was actually referring too is the centre console lights that light the side walls of the centre console. My passenger one isn’t lighting up yet I haven’t found anyone that has the LED lighting pack that can confirm to me that it’s suppose to light up. I know the extended lighting pack does have both drivers and passengers side lit but on mine as it’s just the LED lighting pack wanted confirmation. I’ve attached pictures again for any help .

Attachments

• 135AB3EB-C057-4827-B850-6A439755DB4C.jpeg
    135AB3EB-C057-4827-B850-6A439755DB4C.jpeg
    355.6 KB · Views: 364
No adapter/cable required, they were a straight swap on a 2020 B9
Thanks. It's as you said the small plug and my unofficial eBay projectors needed a small adapter cable. I'm actually thinking the cable is a good way to make a harness for the red warning lights whilst leaving the car so it can be put back to OEM.

Thanks. It's as you said the small plug and my unofficial eBay projectors needed a small adapter cable. I'm actually thinking the cable is a good way to make a harness for the red warning lights whilst leaving the car so it can be put back to OEM.

Have you done the rear doors ?
I have no puddle lights fitted there, not even a plastic panel to "pop out".
I would need to cut the rectangular hole out to fit the LED ones but want to know if the actual wiring is there in the door (with plug on the end) before I attempt it ?
Any idea ?