LED Interior Light Pack Vs Extended Interior Light Pack

Jabba1980

Reaction score
Hi

Apologies if this has already been covered. Does anyone have any night pictures of the 'normal' interior light pack that comes standard on the S-Line?

Regarding the extended pack, is the only difference that this is multi coloured, rather than white? Or are there extra interior lights too?

Thanks

It's mainly the colour difference - the stock LED pack only glows white. I *think* there is a couple extra Lights for door / footwell? but not 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, there's no lights in the footwell of my standard S-Line. Will take a picture tonight if nobody has one to hand.

I've got a bog standard S-Line Avant and have got led lights in both front and rear foot wells. Initially I though I didn't have any, but when I look in the setting the footwell lights had been turned to their lowest setting where you can barely see them.

Thanks for that. According to the brochure there should be lighting in both the front and rear footwells.

"LED Interior Lighting Pack In addition to the standard interior lighting ► Illuminated vanity mirrors ► Ambient lighting in the front and rear door trims and interior door handles ► Courtesy lighting on the exterior door handles for easy entry and exit in the dark ► Entry lights, front and rear ► Illuminated cupholder ► Ambient lighting in the centre console ► Lighting for both front and rear footwells."

I've got a bog standard S-Line Avant and have got led lights in both front and rear foot wells. Initially I though I didn't have any, but when I look in the setting the footwell lights had been turned to their lowest setting where you can barely see them.

Oh really? Is it an MY16 or MY17?

Mine's MY17 and have lights in both front and rear footwells. Just bog standard white LEDs.

Sorry not directly related but got these lights off Amazon. 12 pound for two. :)

163A1034

Reactions: BeagleKCH, ScottishA4B9 and Jcbmally
Here they are: Audi Door LED

One of the images shows how to fit them.

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-28_9-1-13.png
    upload_2016-9-28_9-1-13.png
    256 bytes · Views: 1,343
Reactions: Rob_F
They took about a minute to fit. Just lever off the old light with a small flat bladed screwdriver. Unplug the old light. Connect the new light with the supplied mini cable and push the new light back in the hole.

They sell them in packs of two. So obviously you'll need two packs if you want to do all four doors.

When I ordered my A4 I originally stuck the offical Audi puddle light on the configurator:

809896e8-1df3-489f-911b-ab040628ba34.jpg

They're £77 RRP, but when I came to place the order the dealer took them off the build and said he'd chuck them in for free as he had plenty available in stock. I'm guessing they'll be similar to those shown above :)

Personally i think these are bordering on tacky........the illuminated sline sills are enough to add the class element.

The jury is out as far as I'm concerned, they have no practical purpose from the original ones...

I ordered some from a seller on Amazon and they don't fit. They are just slightly bigger than the originals so you can't push them into the hole. The seller was very apologetic and, after first offering a 50% refund and keep them, which I rejected, they refunded me in full but haven't asked for them back.

The seller for mine were Inlink here second one along in the list (the one with red Audi under the rings, not inside the circle). I bought two sets of two for all four doors. I think I'm just going to leave the standard lights in now.

I got mine from OUTOWIN on Amazon and they didn't fit. Wasn't the size though, that was spot on. It was after I had emoved the originals and tried to plug the the adaptor from inside the door into the hole in the replacement lights that it wouldn't fit.

The plug that comes out of the door to connect to the light is actually quite small and the receiver hole in the lights supplied looks like it was meant for a bigger plug so to speak.

Sorry that's not very techy! but hopefully you know what I mean :-S

They took about a minute to fit. Just lever off the old light with a small flat bladed screwdriver. Unplug the old light. Connect the new light with the supplied mini cable and push the new light back in the hole.

They sell them in packs of two. So obviously you'll need two packs if you want to do all four doors.

I got mine from OUTOWIN on Amazon and they didn't fit. Wasn't the size though, that was spot on. It was after I had emoved the originals and tried to plug the the adaptor from inside the door into the hole in the replacement lights that it wouldn't fit.

The plug that comes out of the door to connect to the light is actually quite small and the receiver hole in the lights supplied looks like it was meant for a bigger plug so to speak.

Sorry that's not very techy! but hopefully you know what I mean :-S

I was going to fit these today to see how they looked, but the door light seemed hard to prise out - I was afraid to break it.

Does it take a fair bit of force to remove?

Reactions: Blakeyboy
I was going to fit these today to see how they looked, but the door light seemed hard to prise out - I was afraid to break it.

Does it take a fair bit of force to remove?

My passenger side one was a ****** to get out- just didn't want to come. Gentle persuasion won in the end. The drivers one slipped straight out.

Amazon- £12, job done!

Reactions: cuke2u
Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but has anyone investigated the possibility of turning the extended light pack on? I may have read on US forum that the wiring an LEDs are there bit they snip the wiring in the factory?

the S line ones look alright also

Hallo guys, can i connect the light without having a light package? i have just plastic covers without wiring, where can i connect the wires?