1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

LED Interior Light Pack Vs Extended Interior Light Pack

Jabba1980 Sep 27, 2016

1. LukeHawk

LukeHawk Registered User

I dont have any foot-well lights, door lights, cup-holder lights, nothing. :/ only the typical overhead lights and vanity mirror lights. and my volume and scroll wheel knobs have the ring lights.
    You'd think for a car with the virtual ****-pit and matrix LED headlights, they'd throw in that stuff along with it.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

I thought the light and vision pack did, but then Audi dropped it for more recent cars, like they have many options...

4. numec

numec Registered User

It is quite interesting interior to sit in with many colour combinations for individual setting :wink:

Attached Files:

cuke2u likes this.
  5. BigAardvaark

BigAardvaark Registered User

Fab ain't it... I keep looking on the Trader for my next car and then I get in this at night and think "Naaaaah, keep this one!"

rasA4, tickedon, numec and 1 other person like this.
  6. ZZidane

ZZidane Registered User

My 2017 sline seem has basic white interior lights and although they are bright on dash, eg cup holders, the ones in doors etc are pretty weak.

I've also got the Amazon puddle lights and they are a tight fit but I rammed them in anyway and after a few months they are still working.

7. Fuzzyduckjb

Fuzzyduckjb Registered User

You can turn the interior illumination up in settings if I'm not mistaken, I was having a play with this the very evening I got it.

8. EssVier

EssVier There ain't no party like an S-Club Party.

After 2.5yrs of having the S4 with the extended interior lights I have only just discovered how to turn on the footwell lights! Can’t wait for my next night drive.

cuke2u likes this.
  9. Edzzed

Edzzed Registered User

10. LukeHawk

LukeHawk Registered User

11. Edzzed

Edzzed Registered User

[​IMG]
    You are probably right but with my wifes car, It shows the Cadillac emblem and it looks decent enough.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. syed123

syed123 Registered User

Sorry to hijack this thread but has anyone considered aftermarket interior light optic cables?

I brought one off eBay for around 20 pounds n it's absolutely transformed the car at night!

You have different brightness levels and have different colours aswell controlled via a remote.

You can use the app but haven't done so far.

Here's a picture attached.

Attached Files:

14. LukeHawk

LukeHawk Registered User

I've always been apprehensive about these. I always get the vibe that they'll look a bit cheap and dont fit the car. But I hope I'm wrong, because my car has literally 0 interior ambient lighting, not footwells, nothing, and I dont know what I can do to make it look nicer inside.

syed123 likes this.
  15. syed123

syed123 Registered User

If you don't do it right or buy the wrong type yes they will look very tacky.

I initially brought blueish turquoise ones which stayed that colour and during the day the colour of the optic cable was blue and very noticeable.

The optic cable on now is transparent and not that noticeable during the day. You slide it in the smallest gaps. There's one just above the a.c. which you can see in the pics.

When I get the chance I'll take a pic of the inside during the day to show how it looks.

The wiring is vast so I tucked most of it in the glovebox.

Also had to use 4 light lamp projectors into different parts of the optic cable to ensure the light was evenly spread.

Sounds a bit complex but very simple. Takes about an hour to do properly.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RGB-Fibe...2?pageci=4f295097-f3ea-4066-b0fb-f9747fc1d98a

16. LukeHawk

LukeHawk Registered User

The ebay link expired for me. How did you get power to them? USB or Cigarette lighter port? how do you hide that part of it. Is there an easy way to get power somewhere else?

17. syed123

syed123 Registered User

It comes with a cigarette lighter. There is another way but too complex. It has to wires you have to connect to a power source so you have to take off Some of the dash.

You can see a wire coming out of the glovebox into the cig lighter but doesn't look bad at all.

18. syed123

syed123 Registered User

19. markyboy75

markyboy75 Registered User

Hi,

Has anyone got a 2017 Audi, preferably an a5 with the LED lighting pack (not extended version). If so could you tell me if the side walls on the centre console light up on both the drivers and passengers side, as mine only light up on the drivers as per the pictures attached.

Attached Files:

20. GenerationGav

GenerationGav Registered User

Did you already have the extended (colour) lighting pack? Or did you manage to fit some of this in the door near the handles?

21. pyrotenax

pyrotenax Registered User

22. markyboy75

Hi Pyrotenax, have you also the same light on the passengers side ?

23. pyrotenax

Yes , I got genuine Audi ones off eBay for £70 the pair

24. markyboy75

You wouldn’t happen to have the part number would you. As my car is still under warranty yet the service centre seem to think nothing is wrong . Thanks

25. DyslexicDog

DyslexicDog Registered User

Ouch, I got mine for £40. They didn't have a box but you're not looking for the box :D

26. markyboy75

I assume that my passengers side should be lighting up then. Just need some clarification before discussion with the dealership again as going back there next week. Thanks

27. pyrotenax

Part number for LED Audi Rings is ....
    4G0.052.133G (box code for pair)
    4G0.052.134D (right)
    4G0.052.135D (left)

These are the LED modules with the SMALL plug fitting

I got 2 sets for £70

[​IMG]

Yes it should be lit up ... its quite difficult for the connector into the lighting module to fall out, so I presume its a faulty lighting module.

28. markyboy75

Thanks, I’m assuming this is in relation to the Audi ring light logo ? What I was actually referring too is the centre console lights that light the side walls of the centre console. My passenger one isn’t lighting up yet I haven’t found anyone that has the LED lighting pack that can confirm to me that it’s suppose to light up. I know the extended lighting pack does have both drivers and passengers side lit but on mine as it’s just the LED lighting pack wanted confirmation. I’ve attached pictures again for any help .

Attached Files:

29. motty225

motty225 Registered User

Yes it should light up on both sides

30. markyboy75

As I expected . Thanks for the confirmation motty225.

31. GenerationGav

Did they come with an adapter cable - or did you buy one?

32. pyrotenax

No adapter/cable required, they were a straight swap on a 2020 B9

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. GenerationGav

Thanks. It's as you said the small plug and my unofficial eBay projectors needed a small adapter cable. I'm actually thinking the cable is a good way to make a harness for the red warning lights whilst leaving the car so it can be put back to OEM.

35. pyrotenax

Have you done the rear doors ?
    I have no puddle lights fitted there, not even a plastic panel to "pop out".
    I would need to cut the rectangular hole out to fit the LED ones but want to know if the actual wiring is there in the door (with plug on the end) before I attempt it ?
    Any idea ?

36. GenerationGav

I've not done the rear doors - but I've got puddle lights on the rear doors. Wonder if it's a cost saving thing on the 2020? (I've got a 2019) Just haven't actually swapped them for projector lights.