Led interior light kit wanted

Jay_78

Reaction score
Hi all
Just after some recommendations where to purchase led interior lighting pack for my a4 avant. I also have lighting pack so looking for footwell lights and door lights.

Thanks in advance

James

The standard footwells leds on mine were woeful for light output. The ones from the EM kit were much brighter and give the output I think should have come from the factory.

The standard footwells leds on mine were woeful for light output. The ones from the EM kit were much brighter and give the output I think should have come from the factory.
That was my experience too; the footwell lighting is soooo much better with @t8ups kit.

Reactions: Sandra
Is it really worth £70 for an Avant "with lighting" pack from them?

I appreciate they've found the "perfect" colour temperature but it's 3 times the price as a kit from eBay for what is seemingly just a bunch of LED lights.

If its worth could be verified then I'd be sold!

I've not installed the ebay kit to fairly compare the 2 sets.

But if Audi offered an OEM kit, you'd be looking in the hundred(s) range

For me the EM tuning kits have great reputation from a known source.

Not saying the ebay kits are inferior, but I prefer to paid for peace of mind.

I installed an eBay kit in my Golf GTI and it was very bright but I got used to it after a week.

That it very true on Audi's OEM pricing for an LED. Taking their logo-projecting puddle lights as example, though, it's widely reported that eBay's lights are not as good and Audi's are more focused, so worth it if you can stomach the cost.

Last edited:
I had an ebay kit in my S5 it was fine lasted with no issues, for £18 to try again in the S4 it was worth a punt if I don't like it or they don't last I'll try the expensive kit. For me I don't spend enough time in the car at night actually using the lights for it to be worth spending the extra money in the first place.

you pays your money and you takes your chances :)

Is it really worth £70 for an Avant "with lighting" pack from them?

I appreciate they've found the "perfect" colour temperature but it's 3 times the price as a kit from eBay for what is seemingly just a bunch of LED lights.

If its worth could be verified then I'd be sold!
It's not possible to verify the worth of something subjective, as everyone will have their own opinion.

EMTuning LED's are the best quality, I get all my LED's from him and have done for many years.

I have a set of genuine footwell lights and wiring for sale if interested

I fitted an eBay set of LED's when I bought my 2015 plate S4 last year (Sept 19).

I have noticed a couple of them have started to fail now, sun visor, glove box and most importantly the boot.
I think the eBay kits are a bit hit and miss tbh, I fitted a full set to my brand new Octavia VRS (also 2015 but sold to buy the S4 second hand) and never had an issue.
I think I'll be contacting EM tuning after Santa has been for set.

I also fitted two sets of puddle lights, front doors are "S4" and rears "Quattro", no problems with those though (Ebay).