LED Interior Bulbs

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Has anybody replaced their interior bulbs with LED ones?

Can anybody recommend a good link for some?

Thanks

I went to emtuning and they are super expensive for interior lights. I think he quoted me roughly £60.00 just for the bulbs where as other places charge less than £20.00 which are error free as well.

I went to emtuning and they are super expensive for interior lights. I think he quoted me roughly £60.00 just for the bulbs where as other places charge less than £20.00 which are error free as well.

Just because it says 'error free' dosent mean they actually are, especially with the super sensitive Audi canbus system.

@t8ups trials all of his on the cars specifically.

Yeah I did my research when I bought my car and I gave up as I am not spending 60.00 on afew interior lights, and some people said the cheaper lights work fine, and others said they didnt and had error messages, so just left that poor garbage thats in the car.

I dont do a lot of night driving anyway since I started working from home permanetly.

Yeah I did my research when I bought my car and I gave up as I am not spending 60.00 on afew interior lights, and some people said the cheaper lights work fine, and others said they didnt and had error messages, so just left that poor garbage thats in the car.

I dont do a lot of night driving anyway since I started working from home permanetly.

Answered your own question there :)

Have to agree with above t8ups bulbs are quality bits of kit.
Bought a cheap set from flea bay and one of them failed after a month. The set I bought off EM Tuning were still going strong after almost 5 years (sold car this August)

Yeah if you look at the feedback, 98% of the people are happy, but lots of people saying they are throwing up errors.
I may actually give them a try as during the winter, and me getting my kids I am on the roads when its dark every couple weeks.
If they work then thats great, but if not, I will just put the old ones back in.

I cannot justify spending £60.00 for 7 interior lights even though they seem to last years, its just not that important to me (personally).

Another vote for T8ups at EM tuning. I have kitted out my A3 and my wife’s VW Polo GT with led bulbs from there, and 18 months later they are all faultless. Service has been excellent, with big discounts when I ordered complete sets. When I changed my mind about some led fog light bulbs they were refunded without any hassle. Lots of good advice as well. Buy cheap and buy twice as my old granny used to say.

Well I am probably really stupid but will try the cheap £12.00 from the HID seller on ebay in the UK
If they blow in a few weeks then I have learnt another important lesson LOL
I just wish EMTuning wasnt so expensive.
If they charged £30.00 for the interior and a bulb for my plates then I would hand over my card right now, but just cannot justify £60.00 for my interior to be a little lighter when I open my door.

I have checked their website and they dont offer boot lights as part of the kit which is the interior. I went down the list and mine is a 5 door without light kit and all they offer is glove box and roof lights, but nothing for the boot.

If these bulbs fail I will actually give them a bell and see if I can include the boot and plates and hopefully I can get a decent deal, it seems cheaper than I originally thought, I swear they quoted me around £60.00 for the interior, boot and license, maybe I was wrong.

Thanks all! I’ve messaged @t8ups

I wanted to order the 8V 3Dr without Light Pack (which is what my car is) kit but for some reason it doesn’t include the replacement for the boot light.
I’ve dropped him a message.

CanadaA3wales

Regarding rear number plate light:

I didn’t need a number plate light for my FL A3 because it already had a led part as standard, however when I was buying for my wife’s Polo I remember that the number plate lights that T8ups was selling were genuine VAG parts, and very expensive. This was the one exception where I bought elsewhere - Aliexpress I seem to remember - for about 1/3 the price. It worked out ok, though if anything a bit too bright, and it has a rather untidy dangling ballast resistor to make it canbus compatible.

CanadaA3wales

Regarding rear number plate light:

I didn’t need a number plate light for my FL A3 because it already had a led part as standard, however when I was buying for my wife’s Polo I remember that the number plate lights that T8ups was selling were genuine VAG parts, and very expensive. This was the one exception where I bought elsewhere - Aliexpress I seem to remember - for about 1/3 the price. It worked out ok, though if anything a bit too bright, and it has a rather untidy dangling ballast resistor to make it canbus compatible.

Oh that makes sense that the rear light is LED
I will try the cheapo ones from ebay, they will be here this week, I have only lost 12.00 if they dont work out, and ebayer will get more negative feedback, but 98% of his sales, people are happy, but I am sure T8ups are all 100%, its a bit strange why they are not offering boot lights as part of the interior pack as every boot has lights.
If they dont work out, they seem cheaper than I thought so will give them a bell and ask for a price including the boot lights

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
I've got em tuning interior led package. Fitted for about a year now. No issues. Went straight to the em tuning web site as @t8ups never responded to my requests or messages.

I've got em tuning interior led package. Fitted for about a year now. No issues. Went straight to the em tuning web site as @t8ups never responded to my requests or messages.
I would just order from them but I want the LED light for the boot, which they don’t seem to include!

I changed the boot & glove box lights in my RS (rest were L.E.D. from factory) for some off ebay & they have been perfect.

Stupid question, how do you open the lights, they look like a sealed unit. especially the front, cannot see where to take the plastic sheild off.

Since @t8ups isn’t replying on here or his website, and all his interior light kits are on back order (and the one I need strangely doesn’t include a boot light!) I’ve decided to purchase elsewhere. Sorry buddy but you lost another sale!

Just purchased from the company listed above, on eBay. All the bulbs INCLUDING the boot light!!! (At least somebody saw sense to include one!)

Last edited:
I spent nearly 2 weeks trying to get a hold of them on message, here and website, thats part of the reason I gave up as well

Stupid question, how do you open the lights, they look like a sealed unit. especially the front, cannot see where to take the plastic sheild off.
the whole unit pops out of the trim panel & you then remove can the clear lens cover. Little tip, if the bulb doesn't light up at first when you change it, remove it & rotate it round & it will light up.

Thanks mate.
Hopefully my lights will be here today or tomorrow so will let you know how it goes.
They are the ebay £11.95 special which includes canbus and boot lights

Anybody tried to replace the front dome light?

I’ve watched all the videos online and I cannot for the life of me twist out the old bulb!

Try a hammer, thats what the russians do lol

Was it not in the video I posted, I did not look at it all the way though.

If you figure it out let us know just in case I run into the same problem, would appreciate it.
My lights are still not here, hopefully tomorrow

Most of the lights did not just ‘pop out’ like in the guide videos and the centre doom light had an extra bit that wasn’t in any of the videos so took me ages to figure out a way around it!
possibly my fault blowing the fuse