LED Indicators

DieselJake

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
1/3 way there as the rear indicators now have LED's, fitted the headlight indicator bulbs (same as the rear bulbs) yet they wouldn't work so I'm stumped as to why not. The car has got LED tail lights on with resistors but surely the resistors are only for the brake lights. If anyone could suggest a solution please help.

The indicator flasher needs to see a low enough resistance for it to flash at the correct rate (by law if a flasher bulb is blown the remaining bulbs must flash faster), so I'd try temporarily putting a resistor across the flasher bulbs and see what happens.

Cheers, could be an idea but to be honest I'm a bit useless with resistors and have no idea what I'm doing with them, figured they should still work without but may blink quicker as you say or something, just baffled as the rears worked fine and headlights don't.

Just wanted to bring this back up as I've a front indicator go again and I'm on a mission to have them as LED's this time around if anyone can give help or advice.