Led Headlights on pre facelift?

They look mint! Will they work on a UK car??

If you search on ebay ..there is a seller that sells the same lights. I asked him and he said:

Hello it is of for right and left hand car

best regards

- tuningxenon

If you search on ebay ..there is a seller that sells the same lights. I asked him and he said:

Hello it is of for right and left hand car

best regards

- tuningxenon

That doesn't fill me with confidence!

mobile01-1f4fda398372aa85e21e2450c02d73cd.jpg

mobile01-2df6e10e62787e569ce4c5275e8a5f94.jpg

mobile01-f0194fe127af98a300a4cbb8d5746910.jpg

mobile01-290020499df3e04f698ba907b76e47e4.jpg

mobile01-44e876123e3dbc483e7b6166e46d6c53.jpg

They are perfect... but they are not in the 09 s3 position, so alas i must divert my attention elsewhere... :(

i know just great arnt they ...... there formation is out of this world

Got a next Response....

Hello there is a manuel level to adjust the high of the light after install. one time you manually adjust you can use the electronic level adjust (motor are included). the indicator light are on the inbterior of the light near the electrobimecanical projector which make long and low light in the same projector. and for model 220440636078 i have some headlight of the company which make them but the light is very poor in day because they use in headlight little cms led (very little led). in my headlight there is superflux led with conic part to bright the light in day. it seems much more powerfull than cms led which light well only on night

best regards

- tuningxenon

We're not getting on very well with the Germans in this thread are we?!!

My boss is German! I have just got him to email the seller in German asking if these will be suitable for a UK car! :)

My boss is German! I have just got him to email the seller in German asking if these will be suitable for a UK car! :)

It would be easier to use google translater:jump:...

MarkSport can you please tell me how ar the DLRs in the last picture on or off because if they are on the leds have a major lack of power in the day light.

In order to keep this tread up to date, here are some pics with my led headlights before being fitted, i hope to fit them earlier today. As far as i've seen from the package and the headlights themselves they are produced by Sonar Taiwan

Bets regards,
ANdi

Seeing as you have got a set, can you see anywhere on them to change the beam to RHD?

Hello,

@AidenUK: the head lights i;'ve bought them from a SONAR reseller from Romania
@Lee_R: i've looked all all other the headlight back panel and i didn't see any marker that indicated that these head lights can be adjusted to fit a RHD car. Maybe it's possible i don't know.

One more thing, at a closer study of i've noticed that the quality is very poor in comparison with the OEM ones, the glass from the lights it's not a true glass, but in fact it's made from plastic so the fading/ scratches will occure much easyer. Another thing would be that the the glass it's not stick on the back panel of the head light, it is kept in place with some screws and silicon, so i think that water can enter in the headlight.

If anybody wants more question regarding these type of headlights i'm more than happy to offer further details.

Last edited:
Just a quick post for you guys...

Here is a thread on Fortitude from a guy who is supposed to be the first one to have the LED lights installed in North America. Some food for thought.

http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=4463304

He's had installation issues, they're not plug and play, as well as HID kit issues on top of that. Not to mention the lights are really too weak for DRL's despite how cool they look.

As for LED's, There are fairly bright ones you can get from Oznium.

http://www.oznium.com/prewired-superflux

The white is is a warm white though, so if you're looking for that cool white, blueish tint, these don't have it.

once bought a set of headlamps fro the bora i had projector style £50 cos they were lhd

every where else at the time they were over £150

took the lenses off them unscrewed the projector lens from the inside rear and turned the metal plate around

viola rhd lamps

resealed them with tigerseal never leaked and then fitted them with hid

those first set of headlamps look alot like the bora ones on the back . very cheaply made with metal toothed manual adjusters on them

the ones digzz posted up look like rebuilt audi headlamps with different internals

I think these one's are brighter and much better quality. More like oem ...But somebody needs to buy them and test it out. :unsure:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150360930316&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

You think? Are you sure these are better quality and are brighter? If so i'll be interested in getting these. Although IMO they dont look as good off...

also can anyone explain what i need to run these kind of lights?
An HID? And do I need a new controller or recoding?

You think? Are you sure these are better quality and are brighter? If so i'll be interested in getting these. Although IMO they dont look as good off...

They are plug and play, you don't need any other adaptions or modifications. As the time passes since i've installed mine i become more pleased with the result. I plan in the future to change the smd leds with brighter ones from the manufacturer NICHIA.

Many thanks,
ANdi

Yes I think so ....Because I asked the seller and he said :

Hello there is a manuel level to adjust the high of the light after install. one time you manually adjust you can use the electronic level adjust (motor are included). the indicator light are on the inbterior of the light near the electrobimecanical projector which make long and low light in the same projector. and for model 220440636078 i have some headlight of the company which make them but the light is very poor in day because they use in headlight little cms led (very little led). in my headlight there is superflux led with conic part to bright the light in day. it seems much more powerfull than cms led which light well only on night

best regards

- tuningxenon

Also you will need the HID Kit. This same seller sells the HID Kit For the Audi a3. I currently have it installed in my car and I have had no problems. I just need to get them lights now. :hubbahubba:

There only in LHD at the moment. So have to wait till they are in RHD. And as already said by influxsg plug and play.
influxsg do you have any photos of them installed on your car?

Last edited:
There only in LHD at the moment. So have to wait till they are in RHD. And as already said by influxsg plug and play.
influxsg do you have any photos of them installed on your car?

The one's I'm talking about are for Right and Left hand drive cars. So it's ok too use. Which is why I'm getting them very soon....

The one's I'm talking about are for Right and Left hand drive cars. So it's ok too use. Which is why I'm getting them very soon....

Are they the ones in the link mate? Do let us know how you get on with them and post as many photo's up as you like once installed :D

Are they the ones in the link mate? Do let us know how you get on with them and post as many photo's up as you like once installed :D

Yes mate..it's the one in the link. I'll post as soon as I get them......and put on my car.

For the moment i'm very please with the result, the light is way better than the old head lamps that didn't have mirrors. As i've said earlier i plan to change the default smds with bigger and more powerful leds, i will post some new pics one the upgrade will be completed.

Many Thanks,
ANdi

This will be close. But so far, the fact that the turningzenon ones are RHD/LHD and supposedly brighter, seems like they are a no brainer.

Last edited:
PregnantNproudShouldnt be hard for a garage to do. What needs to be done with above Sem posted in back in June.

I'll admit, I was skeptical it would be that easy but, these lamps digzz is talking about, seem brighter and RHD compatible so I'm really not sure which one to buy. Methinks the dectane lamps look better off.

I'll admit, I was skeptical it would be that easy but, these lamps digzz is talking about, seem brighter and RHD compatible so I'm really not sure which one to buy. Methinks the dectane lamps look better off.

Well if there RHD compatible and brighter the one digz have found may be best for us who drive RHD. Plus you wont have to change the bulbs like influxsg will be doing so hsi head lights so they will be brighter. I've gone 50/50 on the head lights at the moment think i'd like to see them face to face.

Back with some news, a friend of mine bought the head lights that Diggz was mentioning about, please note that my mate's car is a LHD as mine, now the leds don't seem to be more powerful then mines, the main difference between is that the ones from SONAR are better build than the no-name from ebay ( the ones that Diggz mentioned about).
In conclusion the quaility of the lighting provided by the after market ones is superior than the lighting produced by the OEM mirror headlights.

Cheers,
ANdi

So what your saying is yours is a better quality ...then the one's I mention? Do you have any pictures so we can compare?