LED headlights - any one used them?

Well if you have xenon now, I wouldn't bother. From what I've seen and read, halogen hasn't a chance to even compare.

Be interested to see how you get on with the Phillips leds , don’t personally know anyone using them, afaik, but reviews seem positive. Don’t think I’d be concerned about the lack of type approval, the police don’t ever seem bothered to stop people driving around with both headlight and side light out on one side of the car and just as long as the beam pattern was controlled and didn’t glare and annoy other drivers I’d be happy

Be interested to see how you get on with the Phillips leds , don’t personally know anyone using them, afaik, but reviews seem positive. Don’t think I’d be concerned about the lack of type approval, the police don’t ever seem bothered to stop people driving around with both headlight and side light out on one side of the car and just as long as the beam pattern was controlled and didn’t glare and annoy other drivers I’d be happy
Thanks for the reply Gary. Too expensive for me to risk so will go down the xenon route

Just fit some LED night eye H7s to the lads Jag XF (non canbus) and they are amazingly white and bright

Attachments

• 20171221_160033.jpg
    20171221_160033.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Thanks mate. Just read a post on a Ford forum and he took them back out. Look good but the light output was rubbish at night.

I fitted some H7 4300k HIDs to my XF which did make a massive difference. You can glue the ballasts to the cap that you remove to change the high beam bulb. LED side lights work well too and as you say no bulb out system on the XF