1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LED Headlight Bulbs......

Pedrödelabongo Feb 13, 2019

1. Pedrödelabongo

Pedrödelabongo York Team Brilliant Black Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

....Yes? Recommendations?

....No? Better halogen recommendations?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. piglet14

piglet14 Finally got my midlife crisis car

LED's might look pretty and might appear bright, but the beam pattern is usually off and due to CRI properties, being brighter doesn't mean the driver can see more it just makes it hell for oncoming traffic.
    Night breakers are quite good, though the last ones I bought didn't last that long.
    Gone back to standard Lucas bulbs.

4. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

No personal experience but I've heard good things about Nighteye LED headlights, very tempted myself as they're supposed to be for and forget long lasting bulbs.

If you do go for them please let us know how they go.

5. Baka

Baka Active Member

6. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

7. Pedrödelabongo

Pedrödelabongo York Team Brilliant Black Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual

Thanks for the info, guys - it's all food for thought!

8. Retroman

Retroman Audi A3 2010 Sportback 2.0 TDI 170 (CBBB engine)

A lot of the Ebay stuff can be rubbish and prone to short life and dashboard bulb error warnings. I would look for something with "cree" LEDs which are generally accepted as being good quality. I have some cree LED sidelights/DRL (combined bulb) and they have lasted so for several years and have not caused me an MOT issue. Personally, I have stuck with halogen headlight bulbs as non-legal replacements tend to cause more attention at MOTs.

9. psychopomp1

psychopomp1 Active Member

These are available for £115 on ebay (appear to be legit Philips) so seriously thinking of gettiing these for my B7. Coming from a B9 with Matrix LED headlights, the Halogens on my B7 look utter pants.

Anyway how easy are these to install on a A4 B7 equipped with H7 halogen bulbs? Because reading some reviews, some people have had to use additional brackets to fit the bulbs but these were not on an A4 B7 so no idea how they would fit in my B7. Also I'm guessing a single H7 bulb operates both dipped & main beams in each headlight? I'll probably need a Canbus adaptor to stop the dashboard warning light.

10. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Not sure about Phillips but I think (and would presume) most are already canbus as not throwing errors is a big selling point, tends to be very hit and miss with LED bulbs being canbus or not on our car's but I've had a fair few that have worked flawlessly (and some cheap rubbish that hasn't, no personal experience with headlight bulbs though).