LED Front indicators?

A

aupperton

Hi, wonder if any existing new 8V owners can answer a question for me.

On various YouTube videos of the new A3, the front indicators are integrated into the LED running lights and they switch from white to orange when activated. However, looking at a new SB in the showroom the other day the indicator bulb seemed to be inboard of the Xenon light and not part of the LED system.

Can anybody confirm one way or the other?

This is what I mean

Audi A3 Sportback S-line 2013 - Presentation, driving, static & dynamic - YouTube

The LED indicators are only available as part of the full LED headlights which aren't available in the UK yet. The videos online are nearly all the full LED headlight units. Sadly at the moment whether you choose the xenons or halogens the indicator is a standard yellow bulb (the white LED eye brows still look amazing on the xenons tho!)

Audi had a mistake in their brochure regarding the lights, but they corrected this in the last update.

They're only like that with the full LED lights. Not sure if its on option in the UK yet. Xenon lights have a standard indicator bulb.

Thanks for that. It's a shame really as I think it looks great.

The only car I know of in the UK that has full LED headlights at the moment is the new Seat Leon.

Nah the Audi A6 has had them for a while - saw one on the road last year.

I was wondering about this as well, glad to have it cleared up as I was a bit confused about it! The LED lights on the A6 are double the cost of the Xenons - are they worth that much extra? What are the advantages compared to Xenons?