LED Front Fogs B8.5

Just wanted to add a big thank you to @t8ups who immediately realised I was a numpty when I ordered two packs, thinking it was one bulb per pack. :)

Reactions: Marky007, RS5 JON, V6_Man and 1 other person
Just wanted to add a big thank you to @t8ups who immediately realised I was a numpty when I ordered two packs, thinking it was one bulb per pack. :)

PMSL Jeff .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jdp1962 and RS5 JON
Mr t8ups could you recommend and led number plate bulbs for b8.5 A4 that will cause no error codes?

Anyone consider changing the xenons lights on the B8.5 to leds. Looks to be alot of trouble more than its worth?

Changed to leds and what an improvement. They actually match the xenons now.

Reactions: Marky007
I have the xenon plus in mine (optional extra) not sure what the plus is for . . .:readit:

Well that was quick delivery, ordered Sunday and arrived yesterday. Shame I can't install them for a couple of weeks.

Not sure what the benefits would be to go from Xenon to LED.

I had LED's on my B9, they were a big difference to the Xenons with a much clearer light.

Reactions: Marky007 and jdp1962
@t8ups I've just ordered a pair of yours, how do they perform as the cornering lights? do they fade off once you straighten back up like the existing halogens do or do they instantly turn off?

@t8ups I've just ordered a pair of yours, how do they perform as the cornering lights? do they fade off once you straighten back up like the existing halogens do or do they instantly turn off?
Yeah work just as before

You will notice much brighter light when your walking towards car and welcome lights are activated.

And they look great.:thumbs up:

As for cornering lights I don't think they shine far enough to be much use before or after bulb change.

Last edited:
Reactions: jdp1962
I had LED's on my B9, they were a big difference to the Xenons with a much clearer light.
I'm still reveling in xenons being a mahoosive improvement over halogens. The idea that anything can be better still takes some getting used to.

Reactions: pazaudi
These...
3a06c815d716103835a365f1740ea8d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: jdp1962 and rabhrab
I believe (and @t8ups please correct me if I am wrong) you don't have to use the filters if you don't want them to. It is there in case you don't like the "shade" and want it either touch yellow-ish or more white.

It's easy; the box image shows three different colour choices; use one or other of the two filters or no filter at all. Simples!

It looks like Trups is now selling LEDs rather than the white bulbs that I got back when I changed mine. Might just be the time to change mine as well. I will ask him what is the difference between both (apart from the new one being LEDs and old ones not).

It looks like Trups is now selling LEDs rather than the white bulbs that I got back when I changed mine. Might just be the time to change mine as well. I will ask him what is the difference between both (apart from the new one being LEDs and old ones not).
Yup; your existing ones are ice white halogen. I had a set too but for some reason one of them never worked properly so I reverted to the OEMs. I'm hoping for a better outcome tomorrow with the LEDs.

Reactions: V6_Man
Yup; your existing ones are ice white halogen. I had a set too but for some reason one of them never worked properly so I reverted to the OEMs. I'm hoping for a better outcome tomorrow with the LEDs.

Keep us posted mate - will go ahead depending on your feedback/review

Hi all,

The halogen ice whites are what they say on the tin, a whiter halogen bulb, they perform the same as the oem halogen so is for the colour and for the price and very good mod.

The led versions are the latest offering, as everyone has said the filters are only there if you either want to go 3000k or like 8000k, i have never tested these filters but all the ones i have fitted have never had then and are awesome right out the box. These are an upgrade, approx 4 times brighter than a halogen.

These leds come all aligned, for the fog lamps you dont have to do nothing, some cars that run H11 bulbs (mainly jap) have to put them in upside down so you have to adjust them. On these you wont.

Thanks for the orders. We have 3 sets left in stock now till the 15th of feb.

Reactions: Andyl57, pazaudi, V6_Man and 1 other person
Hi all,

The halogen ice whites are what they say on the tin, a whiter halogen bulb, they perform the same as the oem halogen so is for the colour and for the price and very good mod.

The led versions are the latest offering, as everyone has said the filters are only there if you either want to go 3000k or like 8000k, i have never tested these filters but all the ones i have fitted have never had then and are awesome right out the box. These are an upgrade, approx 4 times brighter than a halogen.

These leds come all aligned, for the fog lamps you dont have to do nothing, some cars that run H11 bulbs (mainly jap) have to put them in upside down so you have to adjust them. On these you wont.

Thanks for the orders. We have 3 sets left in stock now till the 15th of feb.

Thanks for the clarification mate

Mine are straight in from box no filter.

Very happy with them but I did have standard halogen so massive improvement. :racer:

Got great picture today but it's to large ( mb ) to post on here in person there the best £33 you can spend mod wise.

20190126 094905
1 more time for you guys

Get your pics up guys when installed

Last edited:
Reactions: A4A4 and jdp1962
Might just have to fit mine tomorrow then, can't wait. Will be going "bareback" too then.

I've just fitted mine; it took barely ten minutes, even for a sausage-fingered ****** like me. It's a lot easier removing the fog light grill and unscrewing the housing from the front, than faffing about inside the wheel arch.

Grill removed, exposing rather grubby foglight housing. It's held in place by two torx screws which aren't quite visible, but are bottom left and right corners.
IMG 0141

New bulb plugged into existing connector
IMG 0142

Housing refitted and checked for operation before refitting the grill
IMG 0143

And the finished article. :)
IMG 0144

Reactions: V6_Man, Marky007, scotty76 and 3 others
I did it the alternative way through the wheel arch:

Before:

e4TSQcb.jpg

Remove two torx screws on the arch liner:

5MzpobZ.jpg

And there you have it. Unclip the connector, turn the bulb anti-clockwise and re-fit the new one. There is a fair amount of excess on the cable once fitted so I cable tied it to the pipe to avoid it clashing. On the drivers side there is no pipe so plenty of space for it to move around:

VVhldgL.jpg

After:

O7psdnm.jpg

YErlFxY.jpg

As jdp1962 said above, it literally takes a few minutes and the results are great.

Reactions: V6_Man, Marky007, scotty76 and 2 others
@jdp1962 In hindsight, I probably would have gone in the same way as you did. Wheel arch is still easy but it's hard to see in there without a torch or a lot of daylight.

Best of all, it allows me to sit cross-legged as I work looking like a Zen philosopher. :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: CHEZ, V6_Man, Marky007 and 2 others
Let us know how you find welcoming lights difference( at night ) from your previous bulbs guys :thumbs up: