LED Front Fogs B8.5

Tuco88

Reaction score
I am after reading a few treads here on the above mentioned. But could you recommend any particular brand that wont cause any fault codes, If I can get away without adding in resistors in parallel.

Looking at the Philips made ones. Any thoughts? A Link would be great.

Agree with this, bought pair of 'ice whites' fogs from @t8ups about 3 years ago. Still working, no faults and have been great! So would recommend.

Believe he is now selling the new LED versions for the B8.5, so you might want to try those.

Reactions: t8ups
I would also be interested in these . . .

I’d like some LED fogs for B8, also looking at the interior LED lights which I believe @t8ups also can supply?

Ordered thanks t8ups :icon thumright:

Are they easy to fit .

Very easy. 5-10 mins per side. Steering on full lock to improve access, 2 torx head screws on each wheel arch liner, gently pull back the liner and the connectors/bulbs are right there. Connector off, twist the bulb housing anti 90 degrees to remove, and then reverse to fit the new ones provided by @t8ups. It would help if you have a small torch or are using your mobile flash light to help see whats what behind the arch liner.

Reactions: A4A4, scotty76 and Marky007
Very easy. 5-10 mins per side. Steering on full lock to improve access, 2 torx head screws on each wheel arch liner, gently pull back the liner and the connectors/bulbs are right there. Connector off, twist the bulb housing anti 90 degrees to remove, and then reverse to fit the new ones provided by @t8ups. It would help if you have a small torch or are using your mobile flash light to help see whats what behind the arch liner.
Thanks will get some before and after pics :readit:

Reactions: V6_Man
You can also fit them from the front.
By removing the fog light plastic lens trim covers. Just put the top end of a Allen key in the hole in the trim cover and grip the other end with a pair long nose pliers and pull firmly towards you.

You then get access to the fog light bulbs which just pull out and replace them with the new ones.

I then gave them a good clean while out but this is up to you.

The trim covers just need then to be lined up and clicked back into place.

Reactions: Marky007, rabhrab and V6_Man
You can also fit them from the front.
By removing the fog light plastic lens trim covers. Just put the top end of a Allen key in the hole in the trim cover and grip the other end with a pair long nose pliers and pull firmly towards you.

You then get access to the fog light bulbs which just pull out and replace them with the new ones.

I then gave them a good clean while out but this is up to you.

The trim covers just need then to be lined up and clicked back into place.

Nice one for cleaning the fogs @A4A4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20190124 135524
20190124 140203
Arrived yesterday quick delivery
Look the business. . .:thumbs up:

Reactions: V6_Man
Are the LEDs to face any particular direction don't want to melt anything... Eg yellow part down?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: rabhrab
20190124 194305
That's what comes in pack the leds can be turned 360 degrees with allen key included

Reactions: Tuco88 and V6_Man
IMG 20190126 012823
20190126 094905

There great pictures ain't very good sorry.

Reactions: pazaudi, rabhrab and V6_Man
Did you use either pieces of the supplied film and if so how? Or did you leave them 'naked'!
No film just as is look great with welcoming lights and match headlights colour

Reactions: RS5 JON and rabhrab
I did find the wires to be a tad long so cable tied them up so no rattles.
3 torx bolts job done in 15 - 20 mins did have to turn wheel opposite lock to get 3rd torx bolt further in just make getting hand in Easier but very simple job.

Reactions: rabhrab
Thanks, think I'll take the wheels off to give me better access........ not as flexible as l used to be.

Reactions: Marky007
Are the LED versions more yellow than the DRLs? The colour looks a little different in the photos.

I bought the none LED and whilst they match the main beam very well, ideally I want them to match the DLRs as these come on with the fogs when the car is unlocked - which is where I see them the most.

Are the LED versions more yellow than the DRLs? The colour looks a little different in the photos.

I bought the none LED and whilst they match the main beam very well, ideally I want them to match the DLRs as these come on with the fogs when the car is unlocked - which is where I see them the most.
No there more cool ice white and match drls very well imo am very happy with them.

Reactions: pazaudi and rabhrab
Just put an order in this afternoon... Looking forward to swap my existing ones, which look and work great but the fans squeak constantly (sounds more like pig at the slaughter house actually) so time for them to go...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

:iagree: @rabhrab you get yours fitted yet ?
There much better in the real life then photos on here let's us know how you get on . . :blackrs4:

I have to admit this was one of the things I found annoying seeing the DRL's and fog lights being so different when I unlock the car...so I've ordered a set. Looking forward to putting them on.