LED DRL Pics :)

chrissy1502002

Reaction score
Just received my LED DRL's and have installed the resistors so I dont get the annoying :mad: bulb failure light on the dash. Have to say it was damn freezing :cold: fitting them in sub zero temperatures.

So I thought I would share a couple of pics ive just taken (sorry dont know how to re-size:ninja:), all comments very welcome :sly:

Up close:

DSC_0262.jpg

Just DRL's:

DSC_0263-1.jpg

From a slight angle, just DRL's again:

DSC_0264-1.jpg

Looking good!
What ones are they and where did you get them from?

Haha butchering other bits and plug and play sounds good to me!!

I'm confused, where do these fit then? The link is for some reverse bulbs? I assume pre facelift Xenons had DRL's then?

Yeah, the pre-facelift Bi Xenons are the same as the S3's so have got a DRL bulb where most have a main beam bulb :yes:. They are listed as a reverse light bulb as the DRL bulbs are the same as most reverse bulbs :eyebrows:

Youve got to love a bit of bodgery :p, works really well and was really simple :w00t:

looks **** hot mate, glad i could be of service

I'm guessing these just replace the side light bulb?

simple but effective i like it matey i bet they look awesome in the day i want bi-xenons:drool:

Cheers, yeah they really look amazing in the day, I just really want to change the settings via vagcom (hint to anyone local) so that the rear lights are on with the DRL's.

I'm guessing these just replace the side light bulb?

They replace the Daytime Running Light bulbs, the side light bulbs are different. As far as I know only A3's with Bi-Xenons have these exept for the 8P3.

ive seen them on other audi's too saw them on a a8 and a a5 too i prefer them to the fairy lights you get on the new a3

ive seen them on other audi's too saw them on a a8 and a a5 too i prefer them to the fairy lights you get on the new a3

Funny you say that, the A/S8 is where I got the idea from haha. I have to say im not a fan of the "fairy" lights either, looks a bit cheep im my opinion

Cheers for the reply, mines an 07 A3 S Line facelift, guess these don't fit?

Right just rr-read my post about the facelift LED lights, and just realised it sounded quite harsh lol, so if anyone else thought this please dont take it the wrong way ;)

Anyways im guna pop out in a few mins and get a few pics in the day :)

youre perfectly entitled to your opinion onn em, personally i like em but i like the lines of the front end more than i like the lights

****** hell they are seriously bright even during the day!
Mmmm may have to get some now doh!

I've had a look at mine and no they aren't the bixenon, they're just normal bulbs :(
My bumper is exactly the same as yours so I'm guessing I'll just have to buy the bixenon headlamps...;)

wait I'm confused..

It looks to me that you're showing sidelights.

like so... ( i know my aren't bi or single xenons.. but that's where my confusion is! I don't know any different to reflector units or the new style DRLs)

d57bb18d-c920-35a4.jpg

d57bb18d-c93c-eb67.jpg

can you take a pic of your light unit without any lights on?

Chrissy have you gpt LED sidelight bulbs also?I have just fitted some today and they look great,i just need to get the DRL's now to finish the front,ive also done them in number plate lights aswell!!

Chrissy have you gpt LED sidelight bulbs also?I have just fitted some today and they look great,i just need to get the DRL's now to finish the front,ive also done them in number plate lights aswell!!

Yeah ive also got LED sidelights, im abit of an LED whore :wub::wub: haha. My old Ibiza Cupra didnt have a normal bulb on it :eyebrows:

I want to do the number plate lights next, just unsure which bulbs to get as i dont really want to have to fiddle around with more resistors :blink:

wait I'm confused..

It looks to me that you're showing sidelights.

like so... ( i know my aren't bi or single xenons.. but that's where my confusion is! I don't know any different to reflector units or the new style DRLs)

can you take a pic of your light unit without any lights on?

The X shape thing is the DRL and you can just about make out the side light in the top left :salute:

The big differance is that the buld on the far left (Xenon) does main and dipped beam, so Audi have replaced what is the high beam bulb on yours with a DRL :thumbsup:

DSC_0269.jpg

ive got LEDs for my number plates, but cant remember for the life of me where i got them, was about 8 months ago may have been hid4u or something like that and they have the resistors already as part of the unit and they work perfectly!! would go and take a photo but my car is disgustingly dirty so am too ashamed to post photos of it.... will do it on saturday when its clean haha!!

mines on a 56 plate... there have been loads of reports of people with MY10 cars having trouble with LEDs

Its a 55 plate.I take it you have tried the canbus ones??

Ye tried about 5 different pairs now. Given up. Did have some nice ones but the bulb warning did my head in. Apparently u can change the resistors which will then work but means messing around soldering. Id rather plug and play.

The X shape thing is the DRL and you can just about make out the side light in the top left :salute:

The big differance is that the buld on the far left (Xenon) does main and dipped beam, so Audi have replaced what is the high beam bulb on yours with a DRL :thumbsup:

DSC_0269.jpg
what led side light bulbs are they dude im after a set for mine , ebay internet where did you get them from and how much were they ??
cheers fran

DSC_0269.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up...

Though that brings me onto the next question.. Why the need for sidelights aswell as DRLs on the front if the DRLs are as bright as they are and in the same place?