LED DRL Pics :)

Fran ive just noticed while washing my car today that these led side light bulbs are burning the inside of my headlight.Im going to investigate further over the weekend.
Just thought i would let you know before you fit them!!

thats never good dude i havent got any as of yet let me know the outcome , thanks for the heads up anyway dude

Thats quite surprising, ive had mine in for about 4-5 months now, and no problems :)

Also Ian 750, ive just fitted the LED number plate bulbs, and they are great ;)

Fran ive just noticed while washing my car today that these led side light bulbs are burning the inside of my headlight.Im going to investigate further over the weekend.
Just thought i would let you know before you fit them!!

That could be in the built in resistor if you haven't already thought of that

Chrissy did u get the same number plate bulbs as mine??
I drove home from sheffield yesterday which is about 100 miles and had my lights on all the way just wondering if this is a reason for the burning marks.
Surely they shouldnt give off that much heat to slightly melt the inside of my headlights??

Yeah they are the same ones as in your link :)

Are the front LED's touching the edge of the holes where they sit in?

They dont look like they go in far enough but will not push in anymore so not sure.Need some more investigation me thinks!

did u guys mount the resistor inside the headlight? I did that before and it melted the plastic housing and fogged up the inside of my headlight. Had to dismantle the headlight and clean the fog out ..

Resistor should be instaled to metal parts as his task is to absorb electric power so he will generate temperature and if you dont want to burn him in beatiful summer day, do it as I wrote:)

Hay donkey old thread, but rather than sat a new one :)

I have some of these bulbs sat in my hand ready to install for the sidelights and looking for some LED DRL's reading on whats these burn marks about???

Many thanks Ben

Hay donkey old thread, but rather than sat a new one
biggrin.gif

I have some of these bulbs sat in my hand ready to install for the sidelights and looking for some LED DRL's reading on whats these burn marks about???

Many thanks Ben​

You need to fit a resistor across the LED to stop the DIS showing a no-bulb error. The resistor heats up as it resists the current, and if it's inside the light housing then it can easily get hot enough to melt/burn the plastic.

Hi guys, just picked up a used S3 and was wondering what bulb type/size are the DRL units shown in the pictures above?
I got a 2007 S3 with standard Bi-Xenon head lights same as chrissy1502002

Let me know
Thanks

when doing this mod you dont need resistors if you have access to vag com you just can the xenon settings to running led DRL'S

Sorry guys but what size bulbs required for the DRLs?
let me know

thanks

I ordered p21w Cree led bulbs they work but throw up a error.
also its like a projector so none of the reflector lights up, just the small little projector about 0.5" in size.
imo it doesn't look as good. Think I will be getting a refund =\