LED DRL Headlight colour

LukeHawk

Reaction score
In so many of the pics I've seen on here, the DRL's of the LED headlights (in my case, Matrix LED's, but I presume its the same for the standard LED ones) all seem to have a different colour. I understand that there will always be slight variance with the lamp temperature, but some photos of peoples cars, the lights look very blue, whilst others look more yellow.

Are people swapping out LED's for a higher temperature ones? Is it photoshop/filters? what gives? I'd love if mine were more blue.

In so many of the pics I've seen on here, the DRL's of the LED headlights (in my case, Matrix LED's, but I presume its the same for the standard LED ones) all seem to have a different colour. I understand that there will always be slight variance with the lamp temperature, but some photos of peoples cars, the lights look very blue, whilst others look more yellow.

Are people swapping out LED's for a higher temperature ones? Is it photoshop/filters? what gives? I'd love if mine were more blue.

Think they’re all pretty similar, it could just be filters people are using or something. They can make them look significantly different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or simply the aperture of the camera they are using which is allowing more or less light into the lens.

There'll be a gulf of difference in mobile phone cameras; from low end, mid range to high end devices and the lens they each use.

Add into the mix if it was a traditional digital camera (again low, mid or high spec) and the lens they used to take the image.

Reactions: Daggerit
LED’s aren’t lamps. So like everyone else said, and you suspect. It’s probably filters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah makes sense. Thanks. Seeing some of the more blue ones in pictures vs what I see with my eyes, makes me wish they were more blue IRL