LED Door markers

Fastdrx

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls, I haven't posted on here before but i have been a follower for some time now. I have a small question and maybe its been discussed before so im sorry if it has.

My problem, I have replaced all the door markers(red) with LED's, i know they dont make a huge amount of difference but never the less i wanted to.

On replacing the bulbs with LED's i closed and opened the door only to find the LED stays on for what must be 1 second, any ideas on the fault?
Thanks again in advance for any help.:thumbsup:

I had a similar issue when i was taking a power feed off the main dome interior light i found even when off there was power being feed to the light but only 4v instead of 12v and im guessing the with the LED's 4v is enough activate them the only way round is to fit CAN BUS led bulbs that might cure it

Thanks for the reply, Yes i thought the same, so i purchased can bus LED's still the same issue!:think:

In that case you will need to connect in parallel with each LED a 2w 220ohm resister this will fool the can bus system and sort your issues.

One like these (part number D220K 2W 220 OHM)

http://www.maplin.co.uk/metal-film-2w-resistor-5729

Excellent, thank you very much for your help!!!:thumbsup: