1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Facelift Led daytime rear lights

Tzsteve Jun 2, 2019

1. Tzsteve

Tzsteve Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A3 Black Edition Manual Quantum Grey

Hi all.
    The led rear lamps on my a3 sline stay on regardless as to what position the switch is in.
    Is it possible to have them coded to switch off?
    In my old a4 b8 the front drl's came on in the off position but the rears stayed off unless the lights were on.
    Cheers

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. RichardT

RichardT Well-Known Member Team Brill Red saloon Audi A3

I think the law may have or will be changing on this. Correct me if I’m wrong.

4. Ron240

Ron240 Breaking the stereotype Team Ara Blue Gold Supporter S3 Saloon Black Edition

There is no current law in this country regarding rear DRL.
    This is my first car to have rear DRL and I initially thought there was something wrong.....but now I think it's a good idea and I am happy for my rear lights to be always on.
    It means that my car will always be visible whenever the engine is running.
    Rear DRL are only available with full LED lights, which have a very long life so you should not have to worry about premature failure.

KenL likes this.
  5. Tzsteve

Tzsteve Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A3 Black Edition Manual Quantum Grey

I'm not concerned about premature failure as they should last the life of the car....However I do know of 2 people who had issues and had to have the whole lamp unit replaced....Under warranty thankfully as they are eye wateringly expensive.
    Id just prefer to have the option to switch them off if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Ron240

Ron240 Breaking the stereotype Team Ara Blue Gold Supporter S3 Saloon Black Edition

Yes I believe it should be possible to turn them off using the right equipment. :)
    Give it a little while to think about it though, because they are actually a good thing.

Tzsteve likes this.
  7. AllanG

AllanG Q5 TFSI

Apologies for the thread drift, but what I don’t understand is why Audi have activated the rear DRLs on some models as standard from the factory, i.e. later S3, but not on others, such as my 2018 Q5........it doesn’t make sense??

8. Tzsteve

I have thought about it.. Would just like the option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Ormesome

Ormesome Well-Known Member S-line owners group TDi quattro Quantum Grey S tronic Q2 owners group

Carista enables this to be turned off and on. I turn them on in the winter and off in the summer.

Tzsteve likes this.