LED brake lights

MA3TDIQ

Reaction score
One of my brake lights just packed in and thinking of replacing it with LED ones-anyone done this without errors?
Thanks

not done brake, but pretty much everything else with no errors.

not done brake, but pretty much everything else with no errors.
Have you done license plate lights? I got some of those ebay ones that come in with enclosure itself, and they work, but they are just way too bright. But when i try the C5W led bulbs then the car shoots an error at me even tho it says they are canbus.

No I haven’t done the plate lights. I got most of my lamps from bond-express on eBay and had no issues until now.

when I turn the car on the reversing led’s flicker momentarily. Only just started doing this, and I have the same in my A6 which don’t.

Tried LED bulbs in mine, kept getting error warnings and decided that even if they were false, I hated the error warning on the dash (looks like an Xmas tree Baubel) and if they did actually fail I wouldn't know and could potentially have no brake lights and end up in an accident.
Personally, my experience of LED bulbs on the exterior of my car has been bad and expensive. Interior has been trouble free.

Mine just turn off after i get the error on the dash. Probably some ****** bulbs. Gonna order different ones and see if they are any better.

Hi,

I bought these on AliExpress a couple of years ago. Have them installed for about 2 months, no error. They are not available any longer but I am sure a similar bulbs can be found.

You may expect to pay around US$5-15 for 2 pieces.

BrakeLEDbulbs

A few things to remember:

1) get red colour bulbs, white bulbs will look pink behind the red lens
2) get CANBUS (no error)
3) single filament only
4) 6 bulbs are needed for our brake lights, get at least 10 so you have spared

For your reference, these are my original bulbs (2006 A3 8P 2.0T 6spd Sportback located in Canada):

IMG 9748
IMG 9750
IMG 9751

Hope that helps,

Reactions: Pany
I suggest using the forum sponsor trups but I live over the pond so check out deautoLED. I have all their bulbs both inside and out without any warnings so plug and play.

Reactions: bronco
I suggest using the forum sponsor trups but I live over the pond so check out deautoLED. I have all their bulbs both inside and out without any warnings so plug and play.

deAutoLED / deAutoKey - I agree with no errors and they do have lifetime warranty.

But ... they are quite pricey (typically over US$ 50 for a pair of bulbs) and the bulbs are not forever. I have bought form them before and some of the bulbs lasted 3 years and were out. You would spend over US$ 200 just for the six bulbs for your rear brakes. I decided to pay $10/pair and get a few spares. So far so good :)