Leaving the A3 brethren

coddy85

Reaction score
Hi all,

After much ummming and ahhhhing about what to do next I'm leaving the A3 brotherhood.

My A3 saloon has been a nice car but I didn't like how the size was neither big or small or how the 1.8TFSI was neither quick or economical, it was all a bit too middle ground for me. I so wanted an S3 but when the options are ticked it took it out of my justifiable price range.

So...... Audi answered my calls and I've negotiated like hell to get 7% off........ an S1!

The S1 is a great little car, feels as quick as the S3, will feel better with a DTUK box attached and all within budget!

I specced it like so:

Daytona Grey
Tech Pack
Comfort Pack
Bose
Ally Gear Lever
Folding Mirrors

I never stick with a car long, but I feel this might be one to capture the heart, had so much fun with the S1, particularly launching out of roundabouts and down the B-Roads.

I've had conversations about "why not ditch the tech pack and get the styling pack" but to be honest, I prefer the real sleeper look and the S Sport seats just aren't good enough, unlike the S3's. Plus the connect function is so damn useful.

So, here comes the wait! Been excited since I tested it!

Reactions: fivespice, daydotz, elpaulio and 1 other person
Great little cars the S1, needed an auto though and a wee bit tight for me.

Good luck with it though, sure you'll have a blast :)

Good choice but wouldn't you rather have an S3 (or an R) than an S1 but with a few less toys? Its all about the driving and you wouldn't need to put your warranty in jeopardy too...

@coddy85 nice spec to the new car. The time will fly past and you be picking up soon. Dont forget to share the :sign pics: Its the :rulez: :) x

I can't see myself driving around in an S1, it's a car more for the wife, but goodluck with it :)

Reactions: Brasso and The Challinor
When I ordered my S3 the S1 was released a few weeks later and I had a panic as I thought I had potentially made a bad decision.....turned out the S1 with a similar spec to the S3 (and crucially, no DSG) was only £5 cheaper a month. The S3 had a much better GFV.

After driving the S1 a few times I found it had a fidgety ride and had too high a driving position. Otherwise, a nice car that I think would be very good to live with....

After driving the S1 a few times I found it had a fidgety ride and had too high a driving position. Otherwise, a nice car that I think would be very good to live with....

thats the only thing i didn't like about the A1 my brother recently test drove, the seat was too high and that particular one had no adjustment. My S3 is quite low down really, (apart from the fact I've lowered the ride)

i really like the S1 though, really smart. not a fan of the Red interior highlights though, should have a few different colour options. and yes, id have it in yellow straight away! :)

Reactions: Pulp84
Thanks for the debate guys, I'm happy with my choice (for now anyway) I'm not going bold with they styling packs, I think it makes it look less classy. So standard half leather seats, no red nonsense or double spoilers. I do find the seat high, but then the A3 feels high when comparing to the A5 I had. Just waiting for the confirmed BW now.