Leaving Audi........

CraigI

Reaction score
Posting in this forum as most of my time has been with the 8V.
It's been a four year journey, through 6 Audi's but I've now left the family for something more suited to my requirements.

Started off with a S5 Coupe, moved on to a S3 Sportback, then a RS5, S3 Saloon, and, no more than fleeting experiences with a 1.4 A3 and a TT diesel.
RS5 is the one that I'd have again, the NA V8 and Torsten set up bringing a good blend of drive, character and all wrapped up in a great looking package.
I did not gel with the Haldex cars, although the saloon with the magnetic ride is a vast improvement and it looks great.
Love the interior of the TT and Audi have found a truly sporting seating/driving position there.

However I yearn for something more purist, possibly even more back to basics, so am heading home to Renaultsport.
I've also previously had 6 Renaultsport's (two Megane's, two Clio's and two Clio V6's), so know all about what they provide and stand for.

Popped into my local Renault dealer last weekend as we were at a loose end and they had a couple of run out Megane RS Cup-S in, with a huge amount of discount on each. A weeks negotiation later (with Renault and the wife) and I got to where the man maths made sense and I picked up this today:

IMG 2695

IMG 2702

I won't go into how brilliant these cars are to drive (trust me they are), but they've been at the top of their game for a few years now and I've yearned for one again ever since I chopped my last one in for the S5.
It's got all the things (and options) that I need - Mechanical LSD, fully adjustable Ohlins suspension, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tyres, Akrapovic titanium exhaust, Recaro seats, a gearstick and some interior niceties (Alcantara touches, keyless entry, RS monitor that gives you the info on how the car is performing, touch screen entertainment thing).
I'm not a fan of the wheels, so will likely look to change those for something more my taste in the Spring.

I'll hang around here as I enjoy the banter (especially with those sensitive RS3 souls), and my wife still has her S5 Sportback (we've already discussed replacing that with the new S5 Sportback once there are Black Edition deals out there).

Reactions: Kings999, Jcbmally, KenL and 9 others
Hardcore indeed, nice colour,enjoy

Reactions: Jcbmally, Scottyg, SpeedyFrog and 3 others
Car looks cool ( & vibrant ) :)

Need a pic of the rear though :sunglasses:

As Jassy says, very hard core but will corner like a missile I'm sure.

You may miss the Audi quality, especially in the cabin, but I'm sure it will give you plenty of driving enjoyment .... & keep your Osteopath in business lol :)

Enjoy !!!

Reactions: Scottyg, Jassyo06, SpeedyFrog and 2 others
Should've kept the RS5 Craig......................what were you thinking?? :scared2:

Reactions: Jcbmally, Bristle Hound, Scottyg and 6 others
I'm sure it will give you plenty of driving enjoyment .... & keep your Osteopath in business lol :)

Yeah, because Audis don't have stiff suspension, eh? ;)

spad_audia5sportback.jpg

Reactions: richinsoton, SpeedyFrog, pburv and 2 others
A man after my own heart, you can't beat a nice rear ;)

Joking aside I notice they do 2 types:

Renault MEGANE 2.0 T 16V Renaultsport 275 [Cup Chassis]
Renault MEGANE 2.0 T 16V Renaultsport 275 Cup S

What's the difference for the £3k?

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, pburv, Simon L and 2 others
Reactions: richinsoton, Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and 3 others
A man after my own heart, you can't beat a nice rear ;)

Joking aside I notice they do 2 types:

Renault MEGANE 2.0 T 16V Renaultsport 275 [Cup Chassis]
Renault MEGANE 2.0 T 16V Renaultsport 275 Cup S

What's the difference for the £3k?

They don't do any now.
Last few rolled off the production line around 2 months ago, this is one of them.

The Cup S is more stripped down than the other one (which has a lot more creature comforts), however the one I got had around £10k of options added, mostly aimed at the way it drives.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and pburv
Nice, pics of the inside and dash?

Only got one pic of interior.

IMG 2697

Others will have to wait a week as I'm away.
Getting detailed in the meantime.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and 3 others
Ohhh you bitch :D

I know mate bit lame to be fair lol

Not having the best of days........forgive me Craig, hope you enjoy your new car :)

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jassyo06 and pburv
Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Scottyg, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Posting in this forum as most of my time has been with the 8V.
It's been a four year journey, through 6 Audi's but I've now left the family for something more suited to my requirements.

Started off with a S5 Coupe, moved on to a S3 Sportback, then a RS5, S3 Saloon, and, no more than fleeting experiences with a 1.4 A3 and a TT diesel.
RS5 is the one that I'd have again, the NA V8 and Torsten set up bringing a good blend of drive, character and all wrapped up in a great looking package.
I did not gel with the Haldex cars, although the saloon with the magnetic ride is a vast improvement and it looks great.
Love the interior of the TT and Audi have found a truly sporting seating/driving position there.

However I yearn for something more purist, possibly even more back to basics, so am heading home to Renaultsport.
I've also previously had 6 Renaultsport's (two Megane's, two Clio's and two Clio V6's), so know all about what they provide and stand for.

Popped into my local Renault dealer last weekend as we were at a loose end and they had a couple of run out Megane RS Cup-S in, with a huge amount of discount on each. A weeks negotiation later (with Renault and the wife) and I got to where the man maths made sense and I picked up this today:

View attachment 105223

View attachment 105224

I won't go into how brilliant these cars are to drive (trust me they are), but they've been at the top of their game for a few years now and I've yearned for one again ever since I chopped my last one in for the S5.
It's got all the things (and options) that I need - Mechanical LSD, fully adjustable Ohlins suspension, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tyres, Akrapovic titanium exhaust, Recaro seats, a gearstick and some interior niceties (Alcantara touches, keyless entry, RS monitor that gives you the info on how the car is performing, touch screen entertainment thing).
I'm not a fan of the wheels, so will likely look to change those for something more my taste in the Spring.

I'll hang around here as I enjoy the banter (especially with those sensitive RS3 souls), and my wife still has her S5 Sportback (we've already discussed replacing that with the new S5 Sportback once there are Black Edition deals out there).
I told you they wouldn't mind a few picks of your French **** Craig...lol
Great looking car mate hope it gives you lot's of pleasure...Enjoy....
ps Some pics of your new alloys in the spring would be great.....and some of the rear end before then...Ha Ha

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jcbmally, Simon L and 1 other person
They don't do any now.
Last few rolled off the production line around 2 months ago, this is one of them.

The Cup S is more stripped down than the other one (which has a lot more creature comforts), however the one I got had around £10k of options added, mostly aimed at the way it drives.
Ahh nice one thanks, enjoy the new car :)

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Scottyg, Gordo77 and 1 other person
Bet it's a sweet drive. As for the interior, we have to look beyond such trivial matters, it's a drivers car.
Although, I hope it doesn't rattle as much as my S3 :whistle2:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Scottyg, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Just for you Craig......:friends:

Reactions: CraigI, Snake Pliskin, Scottyg and 2 others
Car looks cool ( & vibrant ) :)

As Jassy says, very hard core but will corner like a missile I'm sure.

You may miss the Audi quality, especially in the cabin, but I'm sure it will give you plenty of driving enjoyment .... & keep your Osteopath in business lol :)

Enjoy !!!
Osteopath busy....??? mate....am forever takin Sea Sick pills for the BC syndrome...lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
So does the Megane have rear seats??

Enjoy, if it handles like the one in the above video then you're in for a fun time.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Snake Pliskin, pburv and 2 others
So does the Megane have rear seats??

Enjoy, if it handles like the one in the above video then you're in for a fun time.

Oi.... Perv ........What Wet T-Shirt Competition did she win.....lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jcbmally, Scottyg and 2 others
Lol..Should take a closer look at the cropped bottom part of the pic....Mmm yes please!

Lol..Should take a closer look at the cropped bottom part of the pic....Mmm yes please!

Yer even more of a perv....lol...Disgusting.....lol hawd own a minute te a check it oot...lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Simon L, Scottyg and 2 others
Hey I'm not the one stalking color blind female RS3 owners...:whistle2:

That Strawberry Flavoured Mineral water is surely taking a effect the night....time ye got aff the sos....lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Simon L, Scottyg and 1 other person
That Strawberry Flavoured Mineral water is surely taking a effect the night....time ye got aff the sos....lol
Upload 2016 10 1 19 42 55
'mange tout' jassy 'mange tout'

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Simon L, Scottyg and 2 others
Nice looking car, I came from a Citroen DS3 so know that not all French horror stories are true :)

What do the wheels look like currently ?

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, pburv and Simon L

Not too bad eh???

Sorry Craig. Back on track. Rear looks nice. New Megane is a nice looking car as well. Big step up for them and in the Iron Blue (not Irn Bru) it looks very nice.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Nice looking car, I came from a Citroen DS3 so know that not all French horror stories are true :)

What do the wheels look like currently ?

Don't have a picture of mine, but here they are:

IMG 0408

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, pburv and lfcrule1972
Oh I like those........ Always been partial to black and red wheels :)

Thanks

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and pburv
Good luck with the new car Craig. Enjoy :)

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, pburv and Jassyo06