Leather topped dashboard

TimTFSI

Reaction score
Is the leather topped dash and doors a new feature on the MY22? I didn't order it with that, but it has come with it.
2021 11 10 072825

Standard I believe. MY19 has it

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and TimTFSI
Believe it is not real leather unless you go for the extended leather option

Aye it's really nice. Did you get the sline spec?

Aye it's really nice. Did you get the sline spec?

Yes. I ordered the car in April and was delivered in October. By that time they had changed the spec to MY22 so it came with the tech pack too, at no additional cost.

I thought the tech pack was standard with s line cars

I think it only became standard on the sport models and above for the MY22
Yes, became standard on MY22 cars. My car built in early April 21 did not get Tech Pack as standard. Also Audi increased the RRP for the MY22 cars to reflect the increased spec, so only those with pre-existing orders benefited financially

Reactions: TimTFSI
i haven't seen an audi un the US without a leather-topped trim. only thing different i've seen is like with my car, i opted for the extended leather package, so got the valcona leather which seems to be a little nicer than whatever the standard leather is. but yeah, leather seems to be standard at least on the "s" model 6's...

i haven't seen an audi un the US without a leather-topped trim. only thing different i've seen is like with my car, i opted for the extended leather package, so got the valcona leather which seems to be a little nicer than whatever the standard leather is. but yeah, leather seems to be standard at least on the "s" model 6's...
Specs vary significantly by country. Most on this forum are in the UK where the real leather dash covering is an option as part of the extended leather pack, even on the S6

I believe the US and EU market choice of options are mostly the same.

A conversation I had many moons ago with a well renowned luxury car dealer the UK car industry has always been neutered when it comes to specific options or customisation making it harder for dealer supply chain to procure and mark up costing of mass produced cars for tax purposes.

Typically customisation is considered limited and with regards to full customisation this is also limited only onto luxury cars (Rolls Royce, Bentley etc) not premium cars (Mercedes, Audi).

For example the TDI 50 is no longer available to order in the UK but it is in EU/US markets noting MY22/MY23 versions for sale. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe the EU market is dropping the TDI 50 in MY24 line up now?

Not sure the 50TDi was ever offered in the US, as Diesel is a very dirty word in the US following the Dieselegate scandal. I would not be surprised if the 50TDi was dropped in Europe as Audi and other manufacturers push petrol hybrid and full EV cars. Historically the US car market has been one where buyers walk into a dealer and expect to drive out in a car off the lot, the concept of factory orders for the majority of buyers is not one they would entertain. The exception to this would be the very high end premium brands. Cars therefore tended to have bundled option packages and the dealer would hold stock of a number of cars with different options. US customers have always complained about how they were denied the high degree of configurability that European customers got, especially from the German brands. Things have changed of late as the introduction of the WLTP emissions testing (every car needs to have its own unique CO2 calculation) has seen manufactures reduce the number of individual options (or in the case of Mercedes-Benz drop them altogether) and offer bundled options. An example of this is that the only way to get a sunroof on an A6 in the UK is to buy the Techniology Pack Pro. Likewise Adaptive Cruise Control is only available on the S-Line/BE as part of the Tour Pack.