Leather Seat Creases!

NIKLDN

Audi S3 8V 2019 SportBack
Reaction score
Watched a few videos on YouTube and on how to get rid, gave it an attempt with a hairdryer (instead of what most people use which is a heat gun) and failed!

Anyone got any solutions?

This is on the A3 8Y Model, the seats on this are a nightmare to get out of with my fat ***!
F8941618 706F 4041 BC5F DA6EABB7EF9E
E7DE96C2 9C55 4452 8112 E298462C380D

Not a fat lot (no pun intended, lol) you can do about this pal. Audi side-bolsters are notoriously soft and prone to exactly this. Treatment is more about prevention rather than cure - i.e. what you can do to limit squishing 'em in the first place.

I'm sure my neighbours think I have a majorly aggressive hemorrhoid problem, judging by the way I gingerly lower myself into the car, without a single cheek touching the side bolsters. It's far from a graceful entrance or exit...

Reactions: S3_Stimpy, NIKLDN and Jassyo06
Given it is a 8Y, so pretty new, what does your dealer say? I had some creases in my last car (admittedly a BMW) and dealer replaced creased cushions without an issue

Reactions: NIKLDN, Jimbob76 and Jassyo06
Given it is a 8Y, so pretty new, what does your dealer say? I had some creases in my last car (admittedly a BMW) and dealer replaced creased cushions without an issue
Its the old hop skip and jump into the seat method that needs to be employed mate ...the arsberry flop my side bolster where a lot firmer in my saloon than they where in the sportback...ie the Super Sport seats where made of firmer foam ...huge thread on this back in 2015 ....

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NIKLDN, NevMan and Jimbob76
Watched a few videos on YouTube and on how to get rid, gave it an attempt with a hairdryer (instead of what most people use which is a heat gun) and failed!

Anyone got any solutions?

This is on the A3 8Y Model, the seats on this are a nightmare to get out of with my fat ***!View attachment 225025View attachment 225026
Keep yer butt from tripping over the side bolster and it won't get any worse yours aint that bad....same can happen in a £160k R8 if that's any consultation

Reactions: NevMan, Jimbob76 and NIKLDN
I look it as like a pair of leather shoes, every day wear & you get a few creases. Not really life threatening, just keep the leather clean & conditioned & they will be fine.

Reactions: NIKLDN and NevMan
Its the old hop skip and jump into the seat method that needs to be employed mate ...the arsberry flop my side bolster where a lot firmer in my saloon than they where in the sportback...ie the Super Sport seats where made of firmer foam ...huge thread on this back in 2015 ....

After that cushion (passenger side) was replaced, didn’t see any more creases, but to be fair car was gone a year after

61b8d9f1c8bd7ed4266f0d90ba23168b.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06