1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Leaky RS3 transfer box...... again.

Marky79 Sep 16, 2020 at 7:11 PM

1. Marky79

Marky79 Registered User

Back in june I bought an RS3 from a main dealer in the NW region. I had nothing but bother with the Hand over and dealership, but the car was the perfect spec and literally the only one I’d seen in 6 months of looking.

4 weeks pass and the car was sent back into a local Audi dealership near me at Audi’s request for a fault not related to the current one. Audi discovered a leaking transfer box and promptly contacted HQ for warranty authorisation to repair, all good, new outer transfer box seal replaced.

Driving to work this morning, I parked in the car park at 6am to see smoke pouring out around the headlights and the stench of gearbox oil all round. we have a large commercial repair company next door with pits, so I stuck it over a pit to inspect, TRANSFER BOX LEAKING AGAIN!

so now I’m stuck in limbo, where do I stand? Can i reject this car(I am apprehensive) can I request they actually change the box this time instead of a repair again? What to do? Anyone been in this situation before?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Marky79

Marky79 Registered User

It’s gone in to Audi. See what they say.