Leaking oil 2.0 tdi bmn engine

bradh

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
hi guys I’m back in a tdi now not Audi but Skoda Octavia vrs tdi mk2 iv got a few little niggeling oil leak on my engine, 1st one was a broken return pipe witch showered back on engine in oil that’s fixed then I had gasket fail on the fuel pump mixing with oil leaking all down side of engine and gear box and now iv found another it’s behind the inlet manifold , I replaced the orange gasket with a new one on Saturday was leak free until today :( it’s now leaking again down the front of the block just like before , has anyone come across this leak before if so how did you fix it tempts to fit the mental inlet manifold from the BKD engine and hope this fixes the issue but thought I’d ask up on hear 1st in case there’s another fix

Have you checked that all the breather pipes on the engine are clear and not blocked? if you have a pressure build up in the crank case it'll keep popping seals.

Have you checked that all the breather pipes on the engine are clear and not blocked? if you have a pressure build up in the crank case it'll keep popping seals.
Sorry for delayed reply no I haven’t witch ones should I check ??

Cheers brad

Did you get this sorted?? I’m having the same issue and I’ve also recently fitted the bkd manifold but if anything it’s gotten worse

fcaff79aca1f942a9f7f26ddf04e596e.jpg

52550fcd7ea7ee847cc9ba77774d2c51.jpg

b03ae39ac00d512e099fb145257fd510.jpg

Last edited:
Did you get this sorted?? I’m having the same issue and I’ve also recently fitted the bkd manifold but if anything it’s gotten worse

fcaff79aca1f942a9f7f26ddf04e596e.jpg

52550fcd7ea7ee847cc9ba77774d2c51.jpg

b03ae39ac00d512e099fb145257fd510.jpg
Hi yes fixed it this week end by fitting the bdk manifold as it was leaking from the flaps in the plastic manifold, Ware does your start to leak from middle or one end, could be the fuel pump on the end of the head that's seal has gone causing the diesel and oil to leak a cross the head

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

It’s leaking in the middle, it’s definitely oil and not diesel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s leaking in the middle, it’s definitely oil and not diesel

Witch gasket did you fit looked like you brought the darksidedevelopments.co.uk conversion so should of had the metal gasket

Yes mate darkside fitted it with the metal gasket, I’m thinking it’s the oily crap out of the egr system that’s seeping out, it was like this before the conversion, I’m not loosing oil as the dipstick is bang on and so is the water

Yes mate darkside fitted it with the metal gasket, I’m thinking it’s the oily **** out of the egr system that’s seeping out, it was like this before the conversion, I’m not loosing oil as the dipstick is bang on and so is the water

Yea could be take off the egr valve and clean it got mine spotless as it was about 5/7mm thick with crud

I’m going to darkside to have the egr delete kit fitted then see how it is mate cheers for your input