Leaking like a sieve...

s4best4

Reaction score
Hi there

Does anyone know if there are any online pics of the way the trim that fits over the pollen filter and also the tray that sits above and behind the filter, as I can't get the trim to sit tight on the window and therefore it leaks due to not making a seal(thats my theory anyway). I've cleared out the drain hole under the battery but as the filter is a bit wet, it almost certainly there.
Thanks in advance

R

can you take a pic of yours? the wee rain gutter is the important bit, it has two plasic ears which sorta slide into clips on the edges of the box.

The main plastic trim never sits tight to the glass, and thats why the gutter is there.

Here's a couple. Have to Vacuum the water out every day now!
Yes I need a new Pollen filter...

Attachments

• IMG_0959.jpg
    IMG_0959.jpg
    518.7 KB · Views: 105
  • FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    574 KB · Views: 104
the black plastic gutter in the second pic is too far back.

It has two plastic hooks, which clip onto those metal hooks on the side of the box. It then acts as gutter for water coming off the screen by directing it around the sides.

Reactions: s4best4
Thanks Kev

Theres a couple of broken plastic bits which probably haven't helped!

fingers crossed this will sort.

Thanks again

Over the years the Philips screws which are integral in the trim get stripped. Think there are around 6 in total that need to be turned clockwise so the plastic foot engages under the metal gutter below the windscreen. That should pull the plastic trim closer to the windscreen and the rubber membrane should provide a better seal.

Over the years the Philips screws which are integral in the trim get stripped. Think there are around 6 in total that need to be turned clockwise so the plastic foot engages under the metal gutter below the windscreen. That should pull the plastic trim closer to the windscreen and the rubber membrane should provide a better seal.
Yes some of mine have been destroyed by someone using wrong screwdriver so cant do some up. Are they replaceable?