leak into passenger footwell

tmint

Reaction score
With all this fantastic weather we have been having i have now found a leak into the passenger side footwell. It appears to be coming through from the underside of the car, i dried it once already to see if it was coming from ontop of the rubber mats but no sign on the top side, so must be underneath. It is right in the crease where the wheel-arch rises from the floor so i will try to jack it up and see tomorrow, but apart from that anyone had similar experiances or know anything about why this is happening?

I had a similar problem with my Saxo VTS about 5 years back, turned out the problem was that the previous owner had the windscreen repalced but they did the job badly so it wasn't making a seal, it's probably something completely different but if your windscreen has been replaced recently it's something to consider I guess :happy:

I very much doubt it will be coming from underneath, water has a habit of finding it's way anywhere. I imagine it will be running down from windscreen, bulkhead area. Check under bonnet that none of the drainage channels are blocked with leaves Etc, had this problem once where water was allowed to collect and rotted the seal on the heater unit and trickled into the car. Took ages to find.

Good luck !

Mark

First place to check is the battery cubicle.
There is a draining hole at the bottom and if it gets blocked, the water fills in and when it overflows, the water makes it way in to the cars footwells.

thanks guys ill go check under the bonnet, was bout to rush out to check the battery box but as its a 3.2 the batterys in the boot. i had cruise control fitted and i seem to remember the guy had all sorts of trims n stuff off to get a cable throught the bulkhead so will check that :thumbsup:

I have the exact same thing now!

Its the plastic trim that the door sits on when closed, there is a little join in it towards the passenger footwell. Check this is completely sealed as this is where my water is getting in.

On my old golf, where the plastic bit that covers the window wiper motors and catches all the water was, was cracked in a corner, must've leant on it too hard, and was letting water into the scuttle then through the holes in the bulkhead, soaking the footwell. Could check there as well...

right just incase anyone has this in future. im pretty sure it is the rubber seal around the door, it is very wet in some places and not in others around the base of the door, where the join in the plastic trim is, the seal is verry very wet inside and out so im going to change it and see if its any better. thanks for any suggestions though guys :salute:

hi guys new to audis so bare with me just bought a 2000 1.6 a3 sport and carpet is wet on passenger side nearer to centre console the bulk head seems dry ive pulled carpet back but cant see anything ive heard of the skuttle panel but cant seem to seee how it comes off
im going to pull all back and use hose on it where is the heater matrix on these so i can illiminate it can anyone tell me how to access the pollen filter
kind regards