lead swap?

Ryanc

Reaction score
Hi,
I bought a official vag-com lead etc a couple of years ago for my s3 it was a serial-usb one.S3 has now been sold and my bro has a ed 30 golf which i believe is can,is there anyway of swapping the serial for a can lead??I'm sure the vag-com uk site no longer exists?

Hi,
I bought a official vag-com lead etc a couple of years ago for my s3 it was a serial-usb one.

Serial USB lead - official one? Not! Ross-Tech has never made serial-USB leads. Our leads are either serial leads or they are USB but we do not support devices that convert serial to USB as they add a layer of latency in communications that make them prone to flaky operations.

Unless the interface was purchased from a Ross-Tech distributor that sells original Ross-Tech interfaces, your "lead" is not eligible for the upgrade.

If you are a registered user, then you are entitled to an "Outright Upgrade"

yes it is official ross-tech mate.Sorry i meant key not serial.
It's a key-usb and i bought it from cister automotive designs oxforshire and it has a serial number and all the paperwork. I downloaded the software but unsure if this registered me?I think i still have the reciept aswell!!Looking at your site it seems as though i need to pay $179 on the trade scheme??Do i have to send it to the states or uk dealer.

yes it is official ross-tech mate.Sorry i meant key not serial.
It's a key-usb and i bought it from cister automotive designs oxforshire and it has a serial number and all the paperwork. I downloaded the software but unsure if this registered me?I think i still have the reciept aswell!!Looking at your site it seems as though i need to pay $179 on the trade scheme??Do i have to send it to the states or uk dealer.

Downloading the software does not register you. First order of business is for you to register the unit. Go to the dongle registration page and fill out the Dongle Registration form.

Once registered, you can then go forward with the upgrade. Yes, you will need to return your KEY-USB to Ross-Tech. Cister is no longer a distributor for Ross-Tech so you will have to deal directly with us. Our offices are closed until January 2.

Cheers Bruce ,completed the registration form. Look forward to hearing from you.

Just go ahead and place the upgrade order now. Note on the order that you have sent in your registration and also note that you purchased from Cister. That should grease the wheels and skids to get a new interface moving to you. I will return to the office on the 5th and will check on your order on my return.