Le mans avant reversing sensors.

PeteA7S/Back

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls. Got in the car the other day and went in to reverse, car starts beeping etc so got out nothing there then started again and it started beeping and went to a constant beep. Thought nothing more of it and it sorted itself out so went about my business for a few days. Got in today and it just does one long beep when it goes into reverse and then doesn't beep or anything when reversing. Any ideas what it might be people. It's not been bumped (as far as I know) or damaged at all so just randomly started.

Dead sensor(s). Get it on a diagnostic to see which one it is.

Will it need vcds to tell me exactly which one it is or will my small code reader be able to read it

Depends how capable your code reader is, try it.

I found my dead one switching on the parking sensors and crawling around the car with my ear against the bumper, the working ones will be clicking.

Just an option if you don't have easy access to VCDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PeteA7S/Back
Well I have found the dead sensor. Going to take it off and have a look at it when I get a chance. Has anyone got a spare floating around or can they be fixed. A mate had one go faulty on his tt And all he did was dried it out after water got in and it worked fine since but otherwise I'm on the hunt. Trying to source a genuine but plenty of eBay aftermarket available so just need some advice from someone who has fixed theirs.

I replaced mine, it was the far left rear one. It's a bit of a squeeze to get your hand up to it but I got there. The part number for mine was 7H0919275E, most likely yours is the same but you never know!

Just had a quick look on eBay and spotted one for £14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PeteA7S/Back