lcr brembos and braided hoses

KB

Reaction score
goodgride hoses came in the post today, bought leon ones to fit on to my brembos i bought recently, thing is i noticed the brake hose connection on the capiler is a female and so is the connections on the hoses. Am i missing something here!

standrad LCR brembo's have part solid part flexi.. short flexi is male/female to the hardline which is bolted onto the caliper.

brembo calipers have M10x1 female thread into them directly.. If you bought LCR hoses, and dont have LCR calipers which have the extra hardlines, you have bought the wrong hoses.

I use hose direct from caliper to car personally. male @ caliper with 90 elbow and female to car
pm for info

Last edited:
I made this mistake too! and it's ****** annoying.

A set of replacement hoses from Bill which do away with the metal section sorted the problem perfectly :)

exactly what I did! I was left with 2 useless hoses!

i did have the part number for the metal parts from your local Seat dealer or TPS, but to be honest, I woudln't bother as they're on back order and i was told 4-6 weeks wait!

I just bought the full length hoses from Bill in the end for about £50 :)

I made my own, easy enough. Made new hardline sections with standard brake pipe, although i did have the brackets where they connect onto...

cccc0ab4.jpg

I made my own, easy enough. Made new hardline sections with standard brake pipe, although i did have the brackets where they connect onto...

cccc0ab4.jpg

Interesting, is that where they go in on LCR calipers, I never knew that! On the Brembo GT jnr kit, which uses the same disks, the brake hoses screw into the lower part of the caliper, so all the air goes to the top for bleeding.

Are the LCR Brembos really that much better than standard S3 front brakes?

Been watching a few sets on eBay...

What should I be paying for a set, £400?

Are they a straight swap or do they need spacers?

I paid £300 but the going rate is around £4-500ish depending on condition etc.

They come with the correct brackets which means they are a simple bolt on option. No spacers required.

Obviously bigger discs being 323mm as apose to the 312mm S3 brakes

Are the LCR Brembos really that much better than standard S3 front brakes?

Been watching a few sets on eBay...

Literally, as Dave said, it's a whole new world of braking Ryan!

My 312's were completely dead on the Ring after braking into Wehrseifen and then into Breidscheid, to the point where braking into Bergwerk became a huge gamble! They just fade so badly, they're terrifying.

LCR 323's on there now with DS3000 pads, and they just rip your face off, from any speed, time and time again, and just won't fade

I'll keep my eyes open on eBay then. Anywhere else worth looking for a set?

I know Bill does some 3.5mm spacers so you can fit 330mm discs....

Yup, Bill also sells the 330mm rotors with alloy bells to suit.

Having been for a lap in an LCR with them fitted, they seemed mighty impressive

i paid £330 for them, so wasnt too bad, in the middle of giving them a paint before they go on the car as the lacquar has peeled off them, but apart from that, good deal i thought!

the brembos will need 50mm caliper clearance for wheels as per this piccy.... in case you find they wont clear your wheels without spacers etc.. >>piccy>>
wheel-section-view.gif

the brembos will need 50mm caliper clearance for wheels as per this piccy.... in case you find they wont clear your wheels without spacers etc.. >>piccy>>
wheel-section-view.gif

Yep they need a bit of room, about 55mm from the disk face...

b0528667.jpg

Aagh!! Wounded!!!

I naffed on for ages using easyouts, drill bits and torx bits and then finally took it to a small engineering firm next to me who took it out no problem. I only snapped 1 nipple. The bloke reckons i would never have got it out. He had to drill it and then retap.

4 new nipples was £20 too!

Its very common to snap them though.

where about did you get the nipples mush? was straight in with an easy out and managed to snap it off in the left over part of the nipple aswell:blush:

Last edited: