Lavis' S4 Build

Lavis89

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Well technically i've had them for around 6 weeks, but i refurbed them from a normal silver to satin black. They suit the car pretty well i think, just need some lows now.
13015416_10154012737075792_2407244540238731878_n.jpg

Reactions: Chop., Stanningtonglen, V6 Quatt and 6 others
Looks great buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers, these are only reps that i rattle canned but will see me through this year. Going to be looking at going for some klutch km20's once I've recovered from dropping all my saved up cash on buying the car!

Looks fine as it stands , don't lower it any further , Plymouth roads aren't a billiard table .

Looks fine as it stands , don't lower it any further , Plymouth roads aren't a billiard table .
If/When i do go low it will be on air anways, i would need for it to be easily adjustable for when i have to park the car off the road when surfing etc so springs are not a option for me.

i love black rims and these are particially nice mate. well done !

Rims look spot on mate :)

Cheers guys.

Honeycomb grill will be ariving tonight and going on next week. And i curbed one of my wheels trying to get into a particuarly tight parking space, thankfully it's only a very small graze so going to mask it up whilst on the car and give it a couple fresh coats

Honeycomb grill went on today, had a bit of spare time so cracked on with it. Was a ebay special, but fitted fine, had a bit of fiddling to do to fit one of the parking sensors but got it clipped in in the end. Was lucky i had some paint kicking around from painting my wheels so i could spray the crash bar, completely forgot about it! Going to pick up some double sided tape tomorrow then the S4 badge will be going back on

13100680_10154045615890792_5703167342993531614_n.jpg

Reactions: AU11 ALS, Chop., TechNick and 1 other person
Looking good mate I like the black wheels and the grill good job

Thanks guys, just gotta fettle about with the S4 badge now to get it to fit on the grill. Going to get some 3M double sided tape, dremel the bottom of the clip flat then stick it to the bottom of one of the honeycombs. Hopefully that will do it.

Reactions: Chop.
If u get stuck check my thread I made and fitted my own black one a few months ago :)

Reactions: xpoweruk and Lavis89
Can a mod change the title of this thread to Lavis' S4 Build please? might as well stick all my stuff in here rather than starting a new thread!

Anyways latest update! after trying to decide what intake to buy i bit the bullet and got the ECS kit, is it overpriced? maybe.... but the kit was brilliantly made, looks awesome and sounds awesome so i'm happy with it :) I think i'll end up getting carbon engine covers as well, i got a $50 ECS voucher in the box with the intake so that will cover a chunk of the engine covers.

Future plans: blow over/respray (staying sprint blue, just freshening it up), air ride, wheels (possibly klutch km20s or vossens, unless i see anything unusual pop up that i like.), strut brace, and a new rear diffuser

13254160_10154088791910792_3977913254375695473_n.jpg

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Dado and xpoweruk
Certainly looks nice the ECS intake :)

That intake looks lovely, carbon looks just right against that blue.

Progress update: Been in Bali for a couple weeks on a awesome little holiday, so most of my spare cash lately has been put away saving up for that. came home and had the holiday blues. so picked up a non-res milltek today :D.
Also i had my diffuser from Nick at Driving Passion, dropped that and my dash trim off to get hydrodipped on Wednesday and picked them up today. Diffuser and Exhaust are getting fitted on Monday. Dash trim went back on whilst i was in the car park :p

Dip demons have done a awesome job hydrodipping these parts and making them look like the real deal. Usually i don't like the fakery but real carbon just isn't economically viable for these parts. Real carbon wing mirror covers and engine covers coming soon.

14117762_10154346666385792_1784332009440564947_n.jpg

Reactions: Bristle Hound, xpoweruk, Gazwould and 4 others
And here's a video of the diffuser being dipped. It gets lacquered and tinted after this.

Reactions: xpoweruk and TechNick
Looks really nice! Did they have to take out the dashboard? I'm nit familiar with hydro dipping :)

Nevermind I missed the part where you said it went off...

Yea i pulled the dash off myself, it's only held in by a few clips so comes off easy, just use a plastic tool to get in behind to leaver it all off, looked weird driving home with none of the dash trim on and my hazard switch flapping about

Thats too scary for me
It looks so nice though, good one mate

Got it all fitted today, the diffuser was pretty simple and a great fit, hardest bit was pushing all the clips in due to the bumper flexing, but clips in fine with a bit of persuasion. Looks great against the sprint blue!

The milltek was a PITA. the downpipes have a couple nuts that are almost impossible to get to, we finally managed to get them off by cutting a spanner down to around 1" long and hitting the stub with a punch to crack the nut. Very happy with it now that it's on though, sounds awesome, nice and throaty without being too loud. There is a little bit of drone as other people have reported but nothing i can't live with. Here's a sneaky little picture whilst my mate was fiddling with the exhaust tips when we were trying to line them up. Will get some better photos tomorrow now that it's all lined up and bolted up tight.

14183685_10154358336595792_8958706586265671718_n.jpg

Reactions: xpoweruk, Bristle Hound and RyanJonS4
Treated the car to the ECS carbon engine cover kit, a bit over priced for what it is, but makes the bay look a lot better, goes with the carbon intake very well.

Reactions: Meemo, Bristle Hound, Sandra and 2 others
Could you get the cover hydro dipped?

Yea, i saw someone at ADI who had their engine covers dipped and it did look pretty good but i prefer the real thing where it's available, would end up being a bit cheaper for sure. wouldn't do the intake justice though, the weave direction and distribution perfectly matches the carbon intake cover and intake pipe

That rear diffuser looks top notch!

Reactions: TechNick

Another little addition, carbon wing mirrors. Been spending a fair bit getting my house ready to sell so not much has been happening with the car lately. That will change once the house is sold

Reactions: Chop., Meemo and xpoweruk
Found front bags going for hella cheap today in real good condition. Couldn't resist. Just need management (going 3P) and rear bags then im going to be on air! No rush at the moment though, still working on the house...

Reactions: Chop. and xpoweruk
One of my mates set me up a awesome deal for the rest of the air ride kit, couldn't turn it down!

Not sure when it's all getting fitted yet, one of my mates is an absolute wizard with air ride, does some really fancy boot builds so he's going to fit mine when he's got some free time. Will still be sat on my busted up old bbs ch reps for a while but got new wheels planned :p

Reactions: xpoweruk
It begins. Protip - if driving on a field and you have a little play with launch control, make sure your windows are up. And prepare to take half the field home with you. The amount of mud on my arch liners was impressive!

Picking it up on Saturday :D took a bit longer than expected, had to cut down and re-weld the brackets on the air tank to sit a little lower so i've had to do the 60 mile round trip to my mates unit a few times to sort a few bits. Got told today the carpet for the false floor in the wheel well has arrived so he's just got to glue that down, bolt everything down and it's ready to go.

There was also a little fire but lets not go in to that... damn pinch bolts...

Reactions: TechNick, xpoweruk and Chop.
Sounds good mate bet you can't wait to get it back

Reactions: TechNick