Launching a manual s3

AndrewBates

Reaction score
Hi guys quick question is there any kind of launch control you can map in on an Audi s3 8v manual?, finding it very difficult to balance clutch and throttle due to the electric handbrake disengaging and allowing the car to roll while still staged up, or any advice on the best way to get the car off the line at a drag start

You
Hi guys quick question is there any kind of launch control you can map in on an Audi s3 8v manual?, finding it very difficult to balance clutch and throttle due to the electric handbrake disengaging and allowing the car to roll while still staged up, or any advice on the best way to get the car off the line at a drag start

You will need a uprated clutch, More than likely a twin paddle unit!

You will absolutley chew the **** out of the stock clutch trying to launch it!

Trade it in for a S-Tronic....lol

Why put the electronic brake on?!?! I only ever use it when parked or if on a steep hill waiting for lights.

Trade it in for a S-Tronic....lol
Don't start that off again :D He doesn't want lag at every junction :p

I understand the issues with the clutch I'm putting an uprated unit in in the next few months, reason for handbrake on is the drag strip (Crail) isn't a very good surface very slight decline that you can easily roll
Over the line on especially if holding the clutch just before the bite to launch it, seems the only was is foot on the brake until lights go green and then set off, doesn't make for a very good racing start