Launch control

Vertigo1

Reaction score
Ok so I just launched the car for the first time - holy ****!

Even in the damp it just squirmed a bit to start with then just went.

One weird thing I did notice was, after putting my left foot on the brake pedal, when I pressed the accelerator, it kind of felt like it was straining against the brake a little at first, then the revs rise up to 4k, kind of like it didn't realise I was trying to launch it to start with. Is that normal and is there any technique I should be using with the accelerator, such as gently press it or just stamp on it quickly?

Reactions: Audi Bairn
A firm press on the accelerator and hold on. Must be holding the car at biting point if s tropic gearbox perhaps with the clutch engaged?

Ashamed to say I still haven’t used launch.

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
You have to do it mate if only once

Reactions: TYb
A firm press on the accelerator and hold on. Must be holding the car at biting point if s tropic gearbox perhaps with the clutch engaged?

It's just weird the way it seems to try letting the clutch out for a moment then realises and leaves it in and allows the revs to build. If all the conditions for launch control are met and I have my foot on the brake then why on earth would it try letting the clutch out. Maybe it isn't and it's just me.

Ashamed to say I still haven’t used launch.

Try it - it's hilarious :)

Reactions: Audi Bairn and TYb
Yeah I remember that thread.

I did it twice just because it was so hilarious the first time. The amount of grip it finds on a damp road is staggering - need to try it in the dry.

Was a bit disconcerting the first time as there's a short delay between taking your foot off the brake and it dumping the clutch. Just enough time for you to think "wha?" before it takes off.

Reactions: DW81
Lol we need another team badge for "I've launched" :D

Reactions: pburv, oli356 and Audi Bairn
Gotta mash the brake pedal hard down. Accelerator hard down, drop foot and go

A lot of times, Launch Control doesn't engage properly so that's when you get the slight pull like it's fighting the clutch and brake....don't just plant your accelerator the first time just in case it isn't engaged into Launch Control. Once you think you've engaged it, left foot brake then tap the throttle just a tad to see if it pulls forward...if it does, let off throttle and re-mash it and you should get4k and boost and no pulling forward...it should be fully ready now. If it doesn't pull forward the first time then you are already good to go. When you have it properly ready, there should be no pulling forward at all until you let go of that brake...then it'll pull you forward lol
Make sure you have cycled through the drive modes and taken it back to Dynamic and got it in Sport. Just turning on the car and having it in Dynamic from last time, isn't actually in full beans Sport/Dynamic.
(Disclaimer: Obviously, I have learned all of this from reading threads and watching YouTube videos on the subject. I couldn't possibly have launched my car that many times!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vertigo1 and Audi Bairn
In the rs we have to turn off the traction control as well

I’ve launched my quite a few times in the last year... love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, Tom.H and 2 others
Once you set up LC you can use it over and over as long as ignition not switched off. I must have launched 20 times on the trot at Rockingham so it seems to be fairly robust.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn, pburv and Tom.H
Once you set up LC you can use it over and over as long as ignition not switched off. I must have launched 20 times on the trot at Rockingham so it seems to be fairly robust.

TX.

I tried back to back launches earlier in the week, didn't work. Could only get to like 2K RPM - guess there is some kinda limitation.

No limit Oli other than temp, once set up it works all the time. If temps rise too high though it will pause although it would be a lot more than one or two launches. Perhaps you hadn't set it up right? Dynamic, TC off, stop start off, launch!

TX.