Facelift Launch Control

I haven't done a LC yet and not sure if I will, mainly because I can never remember the procedure. If it were a single button press I might use it! Anyway, 4.4 is as expected but you had a passenger too? Nice :)

Other than that, I would be careful posting a vid that proves you were speeding. There have been a few tickets issued because of this... just sayin'

Yeah it wasn't a bad time, happy with it.

What you talking about? That was an outsourced video :p

Reactions: Rob2k68, allanmb and Martinbanshee
I do it all the time :concern:, loads of vids on my insta in mine and a pals rs3. cant get them to upload on here though

Reactions: Rob2k68
FYI once the car is set up for LC you can then launch it anytime you like eg from every junction or traffic light ;) it's not a launch once setup.

TX.

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
I'm interested, can you tell me how to do this please, its all new to me?:relaxed:

Dynamic mode (personal choice, maybe not necessary), click ESC switch to sport (or off, if you prefer), foot HARD on the brake, other foot hard on the accelerator... Car builds boost... Left foot off... Poooooof off you go :)

Reactions: Audi Bairn and dstill
Only works in dynamic afaik.

TX.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, AudiNutta and azibux1
Only works in dynamic afaik.

TX.
Cool thanks, as said never tried it in comfort, makes sense to do it in dynamic what with the nature of what it is :D haha

Reactions: Audi Bairn, AudiNutta and Terminator x
FYI once the car is set up for LC you can then launch it anytime you like eg from every junction or traffic light ;) it's not a launch once setup.

TX.
Didn't know that...Cheers:friends:
Will give it a go soon...Car's in for warranty work tonight so won't get it back for a day or two...

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Just a heads up, a technician can easily get a count of the amount of LCs, so if you had any excessive wear of tear on say the clutch, they could easily point to the LC count and say it's your fault.....

Reactions: Audi Bairn and pburv
Just a heads up, a technician can easily get a count of the amount of LCs, so if you had any excessive wear of tear on say the clutch, they could easily point to the LC count and say it's your fault.....
Lol..I made a point that my car hadn't been 'launched' when I took it into the dealers about an hour ago...The service desk assured me that they won't be doing any of that on the test run....lol.....Got to take them for their word I suppose...

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Lol..I made a point that my car hadn't been 'launched' when I took it into the dealers about an hour ago...The service desk assured me that they won't be doing any of that on the test run....lol.....Got to take them for their word I suppose...

Haha.....good point!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and pburv
@DrEskimo - You can also do a LC count via VCDS
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/launch-control-limit-fact-or-fiction.245027/#post-2519005
Or using the Carista App if you have the 'right' Audi :D
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/carista-app.237050/page-13#post-2836083

Reactions: Audi Bairn, pburv and DrEskimo

I'd be very interested in finding out the launch count on your car!!

Reactions: pburv and Audi Bairn
Wtf why is it mentioned in the manual then? It's not a secret LC.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

PS afaik there is no LC counter in the 8V. That link is for other models.

TX.

Reactions: pburv

TX.

It's there to be used, but it's not there to be misused lol

I had a phone call about it with audi UK when I got mine as I was curious and had read conflicting stuff about it and warranty online. Short answer was more or less that as long as you're not launching from a cold start off your driveway every opportunity or at every set of lights you should be OK.

I kept the recording of the call just to be safe :D

TX.

It's there to be used, but it's not there to be misused lol

I had a phone call about it with audi UK when I got mine as I was curious and had read conflicting stuff about it and warranty online. Short answer was more or less that as long as you're not launching from a cold start off your driveway every opportunity or at every set of lights you should be OK.

I kept the recording of the call just to be safe :D

What he says ^

If you go in because your clutch is knackered and they find you've been using the LC every other day then I don't see why they aren't well within their rights to say "well its wear and tear from you ragging it!". No different to them looking at the ECU to see if the car has been over-revved IMO...

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn and azibux1
Well it doesn't say there's is a limit on LC In the manual. I'd be pretty ****** if they voided the warranty due to LC when there is no mention anywhere that you shouldn't use it!

TX.

Well it doesn't say there's is a limit on LC In the manual. I'd be pretty ****** if they voided the warranty due to LC when there is no mention anywhere that you shouldn't use it!

TX.

Wont void your warranty. It will just cause wear and tear items to wear quicker. The main big item being the clutch. Probably point to this part of their T&Cs:

Items where the lifetime of the component is or can be influenced by driving style and external factors will only be considered under the terms of the warranty for a period of six months or 6,250 miles (whichever is soonest). Beyond that limit, the defects must be classified as wear and tear and will not be covered by the Audi warranty.

Components subject to wear and tear are as follows:

• Brake linings and disc pads
  • Clutch release bearings
  • Clutch pressure plates and centre plates
  • Tyres
  • Wiper blades (wiper rubbers have no warranty owing to their conditions of use)
  • Seat and backrest covers
  • Floor coverings
  • Spark plugs
  • Batteries for key fobs and alarms
  • Light bulbs

I'd be very interested in finding out the launch count on your car!!
You and me both mate...lol
Maybe I should look around the techies and see which one of them has a'sheepish grin' on their face...lol

Reactions: AudiNutta