Launch Control

evil_scooby

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has tried it and how brutal it is or how much difference it makes?

Do any of you guys ever do 1/4 mile drag racing? Any idea of times from the car.

Just picked up my new B8 S4. Found the settings in the manual andwill give it a try once its got a few more miles on the clock to bed in. Ive seen various claims to imprive a half second on 0-60 so woud bring it in around 4.6 ish.... :w00t:

Let you know....

Dumbo Question Time: Is it available on all A4 B8s or only certain specs/engines/S4s?

What is the procedure to use it?

Ive got the s-tronic and the manual says the following steps.

- press the traction control button once
- select sport mode on the gear box
- Press brake with left foot and accelerater full down with right foot which should then hold revs at 3000 rpm
- release the brake within 5 seconds

Should be whoooosh. imagine it only works on the s-tronic boxes and think its a different set of steps if you have the drive select option.

Let us know if you get it going though. Letting mine bed for a few more miles yet.... Only done 100 so far lol

Very curious how much difference it makes

Last edited:
I think its nearly time for me to try this :)
Tempted to try it up the 1/4 mile and see what difference it really makes in a timed environment.

I couldn't find the launch control in the manual. Is it a standard feature or an option? or is it built in a later model? I have a B8 S4 too but made in Aug 2010.

Definatley seems std on the s-tronic... I'll scan the page from the manual ad stick the link here

Has anyone noticed that this only seems to work once. It either stops working for a period of time, or until the next time the car is started?

it is S-tronic, It is in my S3 Manual as well, though no mention of traction control, would have thought it would be quicker with traction control on?, it is just holding brake on and throttle to rev and lift brake and floor throttle.