Launch Control with GoPro

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Awesome weather this morning, cool 12° air temp and still had my GoPro on board, so thought it'd be rude not to take advantage. 0 to 75 (digital speedo)
These cars are mental!

Reactions: CybrHwk, Primolak, Simon L and 5 others
I really need to try a launch!

Woa very rapid indeed - made me grin watching it !!!

Are you standard. mapped or running a tuning box at all ?

I don't think I've actually managed this yet. Done a "semi" launch but definitely wasn't up to 75 that fast!

Woa very rapid indeed - made me grin watching it !!!

Are you standard. mapped or running a tuning box at all ?

Made me grin driving it. I've got a 30 minute journey from today - great fun!!
It's totally stock.... I want to remap, but have the warranty scenario to consider.
I looked at DTUK box, but changed my mind as IMO I think it may have 'issues' long term (or i've been mis-informed....)

Reactions: Rob2k68
I shall make it happen. To be fair I nailed off some traffic lights in sport mode the other day, after I had it mapped. Was damn quick without a launch.

Agreed. It will happen ASAP!

Made me grin driving it. I've got a 30 minute journey from today - great fun!!
It's totally stock.... I want to remap, but have the warranty scenario to consider.
I looked at DTUK box, but changed my mind as IMO I think it may have 'issues' long term (or i've been mis-informed....)
What long term issues have you been hearing of? My first time going with a tune, piggy back or not.

Awesome weather this morning, cool 12° air temp and still had my GoPro on board, so thought it'd be rude not to take advantage. 0 to 75 (digital speedo)
These cars are mental!

Great fun!!

Looked a bit squeeky bum cheeks time with the car coming opposite though?!! ;)

Great fun!!

Looked a bit squeeky bum cheeks time with the car coming opposite though?!! ;)

I was off the gas by then, I know the roads like the back of my hand, and it's plenty wide enough - and national speed limit.
Mental quick tho

Reactions: Simon L
I'm I missing something, as the video I watched was just something travelling down a road it could if been a horse & cart speeded up for all you can see ?.
There was nothing to gauge the speed by ?

I'm I missing something, as the video I watched was just something travelling down a road it could if been a horse & cart speeded up for all you can see ?.

.........use your eyes and ears my young padawan! ;)

(if you know any horses that sound like that, get it off to the vet pronto)

Reactions: sjbarneS3
Yes the sound is there but where is the car ????
A video with sound & nothing to show apart from road isn't very exciting Imo

Yes the sound is there but where is the car ????

I'm sure you've read all over this forum about the 'stealth' qualities of these cars, now you've 'seen' it with your own eyes ;)

. Oh I understand now

I hope you understand...
Go on YouTube and Instagram and look at my videos.

Search sjbarnes3 or #s3launchcontrolsprint
This was one of the first, I've now perfected it (imo) and can safely say it is VERY exciting.
I will be posting the actual drive in (from the launch) next week to YouTube. Please review and comment.

Found some new 'spy shots' for next Audi S3

:tonguewink:

There no sound to go with it ? Hahaha

I have my own S3 thank you for the offer, I'm in Hampshire by the way

Leaves no doubt as to how many horses it has. Maybe it's like CD players where they went from 16bit to 18bit to 20bit, then suddenly 1bit! We had 200 horses, then nearly 300 horses, now just 1 horse!

I could be wrong, but if that really is the next S3, I might have to postpone my order to make sure I get that updated model. I don't want to lose on resale because I had the 'old' body shape. And the change is pretty dramatic, that I expect even the inexperienced buyer would be able to tell that my 8V would look seriously outdated.

I wonder if I should go with the 4 wheel option or if just 2 rear wheels is enough. Decisions, decisions.

Love the Instagram page mate, such a lovely car :) Your videos are making me want mine now :sob:

Can't wait to try launch control!

Early Jan, so will fly by.

I'm near Southend, you?