Launch control problems

Chris5

Reaction score
The last 3/4 times doing launch control the from hear change 1 into 2 it seems to stop a bit then go then the rest of the gear changes are smooth. It's as if the car pauses for a second then decides it's time to go. Anyone else had this problem?

Below 3 gauges on the boost is fine anything above it pauses between first and second change

Esc off and in S1 it's an auto aswell. Past 4 times including today with boost gauge full it has done the jerk

The last 3/4 times doing launch control the from hear change 1 into 2 it seems to stop a bit then go then the rest of the gear changes are smooth. It's as if the car pauses for a second then decides it's time to go. Anyone else had this problem?

It is the middle of January and the entire length of the UK has been pretty much flooded the last few weeks, you most likely have traction issues.

its been on dry days I have tried it. Wouldn't be trying it on wet days as I know the rain would cause it problems. I will try it again next dry day I get in Glasgow

The tarmac in Glasgow hasn't been dry since around November ;)

Even if there has been no rain for a couple of days and you think it's dry, there has been no sunshine and the roads will still be damp, cold and slippery.

Not an ideal time of year to be launching cars and I suspect this is what you are feeling 1st/2nd where traction is the trickiest.

Reactions: Chris5
Launch Control in the wet, at the start of a long tunnel....now that's what you want to experience!

Launch control in an S-tronic cause any stress to any components?

My question really, is it bad in any way to do it too often?

Obviously wait for engine and oil to be warm etc...

I haven't got a definitive answer for you but all I know is, they manufactured it in to the car so it's under warranty! I do it at EVERY opportunity! My toddler loves having the windows down and he shouts "AGAIN, AGAIN!"

Reactions: azibux1 and Chris5
As per the manual, using launch control causes heavy use stresses on various parts of the car. The car will however tell you when you've gone too far, namely using LC several times in short succession, by issuing you a nice gearbox malfunction light!

Reactions: azibux1
I haven't got a definitive answer for you but all I know is, they manufactured it in to the car so it's under warranty! I do it at EVERY opportunity! My toddler loves having the windows down and he shouts "AGAIN, AGAIN!"

HA great! :D

As per the manual, using launch control causes heavy use stresses on various parts of the car. The car will however tell you when you've gone too far, namely using LC several times in short succession, by issuing you a nice gearbox malfunction light!

Then I suppose after a while it is fine to do again? Good to know :)

I don't know about Glasgow but in Aberdeen the roads aren't too grippy once they start gritting, even when it's dryer. They don't get better until there's been plenty rain to wash the roads and then a few days of dry weather. There's additives to help the grit stick to the road longer but they're also a bit more slippery when it's not icy.

Yes I did, check the DSG fluid level.
I sometimes have this problem but not from launch control.

Reactions: Chris5
I have same problem sometimes only with lc on s3. It doesn't matter if it's dry or not. Even on wet sometimes it puts 2nd smoothly with tyres slipping. I asked few of my friends who own 8v about this and everyone has this issue from time to time. I guess it's just a dsg thing.

@bodzik155

Have you ever had your haldex serviced and pump removed to clean the gauze?

Have you ever had your DSG serviced and adaptions reset?

Both the above will have major affect on your launches and need serviced a lot more regularly than what audi recommend