Launch control not working?

Spinstorm

Reaction score
Can’t get launch control to work?

I tried to do a launch yesterday. Put it in dynamic, turned off hold assist, turned off auto-stop, floored the power while pressing the brake and the revs just jumped straight to red like it had a limiter… and the engine did nothing; no rev-ing.

This is strange as the RS3 I did a video on I was able to launch just by using the accelerator and brake. I didn’t even mess about with other settings.

What did I do wrong on my own car? Anyone else had this happen?

I have a feeling that this may need a trip to the dealer and I don't really want the dealer trying launches in my car!

video showing what happens

I got it working - I don’t think it was ESC - I think it was auto start/stop causing the issue.

I'm not sure what mode I tried it in but just pressed ESC Off, Brake, Throttle and go, dash confirms launch activated.

Didn't have to touch Hold Assist or Start/Stop, so must have been in RS Performance.

Reactions: Spinstorm
I got it working - I don’t think it was ESC - I think it was auto start/stop causing the issue.

There is a big list of stuff that’s needs to be off for launch - they are listed in the manual.

BUT…

I just put mine in rs performance and turn traction off and it’s ready to go as that modes sorta everything else you need to launch

It’s the easiest way to get it ready quickly.

I was surprised how fast it can launch even 4 up…

Reactions: RSt3ve