Facelift Launch control delay

'Professionally' painted..........:sadlike:

Nearly fell off me chair laughing............

Only way is to sort out yerself.........

Yes RS3's have niggles..................what cars don't....

Was painted by a bodyshop, painted with some odd stuff that wasn’t paint. It was labelled ceramic coat and like water, I nearly hit the desk when I had a sniff of it.. nasty stuff. They use it to paint manifolds and never had any issues with heat, but obviously
On the rears just needed a bit more work. Also the discs were shot blasted first to rid any rust.

Exactly my thoughts too. Came from a Golf R and I have to say, although it's a lot cheaper and looks it in places too, I had zero issues and the DSG box in those are miles better than these s tronic boxes. Thinking of going down the BMW route myself as well, after I've handed the RS3 back in a few years time.
The BMW hubs rust even quicker - they give the wheels an acid wash when they come into Thorne for the pre-dealer prep. I have had 4 from new - they all started to rust after about 2 weeks.

The BMW hubs rust even quicker - they give the wheels an acid wash when they come into Thorne for the pre-dealer prep. I have had 4 from new - they all started to rust after about 2 weeks.
I guess we're not allowed to enjoy the finer things in life then ay! :sadlike:

Reactions: AudiNutta
It is probably a combination of poor original surface treatment of the discs, salt from the roads, but also metal particles from the brake surface of the disc and the brake pads. All this together makes it rust and not only that the discs have poor rust protection, which they have. But also the particles from the discs/pads get stuck on the flat painted surface and rust.

However, I think one of the few solutions that would last a long time is to disassemble the discs, blast them and then powder coat them. I doubt that there is any one component rattle can spray that would protect the surface for a long time.

But, in the end it all comes down to the f-n salt and wet weather we have in the north. The rust issue is gone on the cars in warmer climates :(