Facelift Launch control counter in VCDS.

T

T-800

If you have VCDS 18.2.0 you can now see launch control counter in 02

f736dc461100f6954a4cabfa58d61984.jpg

Reactions: Bristle Hound
What is the point in that? LC is allowed so why do they count it?

What is the point in that? LC is allowed so why do they count it?
I wonder exactly how they count it...i.e. Is it once you release the brake, or would it count what @terminator x does when he just sits at the lights holding it on the launch without releasing the brake?!

Would be great if you were buying secondhand to see how many a car has done...

Ha ha got me nervous now!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

A friend had his gearbox replaced, Audi used his remap, lack of secondary cat’s and the fact the car had done 170 odd launches as their grounds to decline a claim.

A friend had his gearbox replaced, Audi used his remap, lack of secondary cat’s and the fact the car had done 170 odd launches as their grounds to decline a claim.

Even the starship enterprise didnt do that many launches, unless you count the repeats on lowly TV channels

Reactions: S., VAG_Club001, Jonny B and 1 other person
Handy before buying a used car I suppose.

“One careful lady owner”. Checks launch counter, finds 100 launches

Reactions: D0C and Terminator x
Handy before buying a used car I suppose.

“One careful lady owner”. Checks launch counter, finds 100 launches

She was careful as she didn’t crash it...

I don’t think the launches will effect warranty; with @AudiNutta example the guy mapped the car and had a decat so its not surprising they wouldn’t have it.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, AudiNutta and DW81
Even the starship enterprise didnt do that many launches, unless you count the repeats on lowly TV channels

I wouldn’t be surprised, he was quite proud of that number and apparently has learned his lesson not to launch time after time haha. I’m on launch 5 in the RS3, 1 with Mum and brother, 2 with the girlfriend and 2 with a friend from work and his son. It’s really just a showoff factor and impressive to see what it can do, but I have some mechanical sympathy so I wouldn’t launch time after time. 400bhp and 480nm isn’t good to instantly kick into the drivetrain.

I wouldn’t be surprised, he was quite proud of that number and apparently has learned his lesson not to launch time after time haha. I’m on launch 5 in the RS3, 1 with Mum and brother, 2 with the girlfriend and 2 with a friend from work and his son. It’s really just a showoff factor and impressive to see what it can do, but I have some mechanical sympathy so I wouldn’t launch time after time. 400bhp and 480nm isn’t good to instantly kick into the drivetrain.
I remember seeing a video of a 911 turbo doing something like 50 or a 100 launches back to back. Not a hint of bother. It seems to load up the torque so it doesn't just drop the power straight on and snap the drive shaft!

I remember seeing a video of a 911 turbo doing something like 50 or a 100 launches back to back. Not a hint of bother. It seems to load up the torque so it doesn't just drop the power straight on and snap the drive shaft!

No doubt they are built for it, but it won’t be doing any good at the same time. The car is fast enough off the line without launch control, but my experience with simply attacking the accelerator off of the line is a very lumpy violent start. The gearbox is far from perfect on its off days.. accelerated towards traffic lights today, the car went to change to 3rd in Drive and I had to brake sharply because they turned red.. the gearbox banged itself back into second after a partial change and it was like an emergency brake. I drove in traffic today, drive progressively with a steady load on the engine up to normal speeds and the gearbox was really jerky...

Did you tell your mum you were going to do it haha

Did you tell your mum you were going to do it haha

Yeah lmao ;)

She’s been launched in a few cars that I’ve taken back now, but still doesn’t like it :p Doesn’t like me having the RS3 at all to be honest.. too fast for her to be comfortable with.

Reactions: oli356, Jonny B and Sandra
Yeah lmao ;)

She’s been launched in a few cars that I’ve taken back now, but still doesn’t like it :p Doesn’t like me having the RS3 at all to be honest.. too fast for her to be comfortable with.

Its only as fast as you drive it!

Its only as fast as you drive it!

Medium-Fast then ;)

I drive it quickly, but nowhere near the limits that the car is capable of and I never will be able to. I always find the car surprising me, but it’s getting past that mental barrier of *why am I not in that hedge yet*. Would be interesting to be taken out in the car with somebody who has the gonads to explore its potential. Straight line I’m all for it, but you won’t find me anwhere near the ragged edge of squealing tyres around bends haha.

Medium-Fast then ;)

I drive it quickly, but nowhere near the limits that the car is capable of and I never will be able to. I always find the car surprising me, but it’s getting past that mental barrier of *why am I not in that hedge yet*. Would be interesting to be taken out in the car with somebody who has the gonads to explore its potential. Straight line I’m all for it, but you won’t find me anwhere near the ragged edge of squealing tyres around bends haha.
Hehe Matt, hope your mum don’t read this, :) x

Reactions: T-800
My brother is a tell tale anyway, he will drop anybody in it for a bit of affection so it all gets back x :lmfao:
There is always someone that will drop you in it Matt. I know you will obey speed limits as and when required, lol. Sometimes you need to go bit faster to de-coke, lol. :) x

Reactions: Ozmosis and T-800
There is always someone that will drop you in it Matt. I know you will obey speed limits as and when required, lol. Sometimes you need to go bit faster to de-coke, lol. :) x

No need on the FL RS3 Sandra as it has an extra 5 injectors to keep them valve backs clean

Reactions: Marshy, Ozmosis, AudiNutta and 1 other person
Medium-Fast then ;)

But the bends are where the fun starts, nothing like the feeling of a great lap with some perfect apexs...

Reactions: AudiNutta

Of course Sandra ;) I’m well behaved in 30 zones, but outside of that anything goes most of the time ;)

Exactly I like your thinking, got to blow the cobwebs out a couple dozen times a day ;) x

Reactions: Sandra
No need on the FL RS3 Sandra as it has an extra 5 injectors to keep them valve backs clean

Is there a comparison desribing all the changes with the new engine? I’d be interested to have a read. Can’t beat having some mostly useless information for that inevitable PFL vs FL argument ;) ;)

But the bends are where the fun starts, nothing like the feeling of a great lap with some perfect apexs...

It’s all well and good until it goes sideways and wrong :whistle2:

That’s what’s good with these cars, it feels like you’re on the limit when you’re infact totally safe.

Of course Sandra ;) I’m well behaved in 30 zones, but outside of that anything goes most of the time ;)

Exactly I like your thinking, got to blow the cobwebs out a couple dozen times a day ;) x
Exactly. You know you will highly be unlikely to use the cars power to it’s full potential Matt. You pay for the car with the money you work hard for to do so, so you enjoy it. I know you will do safely. You only get one chance at life, enjoy it to the max. That’s me used up my wisdom quota for today, lol :) x

Reactions: T-800 and AudiNutta
Exactly. You know you will highly be unlikely to use the cars power to it’s full potential Matt. You pay for the car with the money you work hard for to do so, so you enjoy it. I know you will do safely. You only get one chance at life, enjoy it to the max. That’s me used up my wisdom quota for today, lol :) x

Powerful words there Sandra ;) You can take the rest of the day off now :p

Very true, live for the moment and appreciate what you’ve got while you have it :thumbs up:x

Reactions: Sandra
Powerful words there Sandra ;) You can take the rest of the day off now :p

Very true, live for the moment and appreciate what you’ve got while you have it :thumbs up:x
I’m taking the day off now, lol. I enjoyed all the rugby yesterday. I’m going to just relax rest of the day, fit in some Chinese food later. Sun is out so wander round the grounds (garden) and do a whole lot of nothing, hehe. :) x

Reactions: T-800 and AudiNutta
I don’t think the launches will effect warranty; with @AudiNutta example the guy mapped the car and had a decat so its not surprising they wouldn’t have it.
This ^
It is in the User Handbook after all :D

Reactions: Clod and AudiNutta
This ^
It is in the User Handbook after all :D

No doubt that was nothing close to the main factor of the claim rejection, it was just a factor that was listed in their refusal as far as I’m aware.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
It’s all well and good until it goes sideways and wrong :whistle2:

Been there done that, and limped away with my pride between my legs on more than one track day. I guessI am promoting the track because when it goes sideways and wrong there is usually less damage due to run offs etc. allowing room to recover that one never finds on the street.

Reactions: AudiNutta