Latest R32 brakes, same as B6 S4?

Neil_S

Reaction score
The reason I ask if the latest R32 has the same brake setup as the B6 S4 is to see whether I can buy the pads or discs cheaper at VW than I can at Audi.

I bought a bleed nipple from VW for the calipers I am refurbing and they are exactly the same, but £3 more at Audi than VW.

I've just phoned my local Audi dealer and surprisingly my local VW dealer charges a few quid more for R32 discs (£79.87 each +VAT) than Audi does for S4 discs (£75.84 each +VAT).

The pads however are significantly cheaper at VW (£56.96 per set +VAT) compared to Audi (£79.87 per set +VAT).

It seems silly not to buy the pads from VW if they are exactly the same.

The part numbers are fairly similar, so the question is, does anybody know if these parts are the same?

VW - 1K0 698 151 B
Audi - 8E0 698 151 C

The part numbers are similar because the format for all VAG part numbers is the same.

The first 3 being the model. 8E0 = B6/7 A/S4 . The rest are the group and item numbers. The letter being the update or supersession code.

I doubt very much they are the same, VAG wouldn't have two part numbers for the same item. The R32 ones would probably be ok , I'm sure the weights are similar with your car.

Don't forget an S4 Avant tips the scales at about 1800+kg!!

Thanks Chris, I think I'll play it safe and buy the discs and pads from Audi