Latest mod...

sub39h

Reaction score
Some thoughtful soul decided to add a custom logo to my car whilst it was parked in a car park last night

IMG_0556.jpg

whilst i'm aware there are differing opinions on mods on ASN this one isn't to my taste, so i thought i'd have it removed.

approx. price for a bonnet respray please.

cheers in advance,

S.

ohhhh im shocked... i hate this kids do things like that sorry to see that happen

not nice mate, although on another note it will be interesting to see what a bonnet would cost to painted

i think that's ambitious. i'm budgeting £400.

Yeah I think your right as would say £500 or so.
A few years back some person or thing sat on the bonnet of my E46 BMW. New bonnet from BMW and respray was £870 to give you an idea.

you might as well buy 2nd hand bonnet it works out cheaper from any scrap yards, but i know some that could do that for around 150quid

I'm gutted for you mate, I'd be pretty angry if it'd happened to me.

I'm gutted for you mate, I'd be pretty angry if it'd happened to me.

I'm normally very short tempered but it's parked in a secure multi storey with with cameras. What's being mad gonna help? Just annoys me that I became a doctor to help ppl and that's what the world gives me in return.

Oh well, there was a camera overlooking the car and the police are involved. I doubt anything will come of it but fingers crossed. Gonna have to hold off on getting the coilovers I just bought fitted and pay for this instead...

sorry to see that bro... one word springs to mind... C**TS!!!!!!!! hope you get it sorted mate..

400-500 for a bonnet? thats unreal, i had a rear 09 bumper and insert paint and the rear quater for 415 they even fitted the exhaust tips for me. and is a proper job and not mates rates or anything. panelcare rochdale

Sad to see this, but I also had my car key'd 2 weeks ago. Didn't even want to drive it. It was done along the passenger side door, a long line at the top and a second line underneath which was deep and the metal started to show :puke:

I didn't take a pic of the before as I couldn't bare looking at it. But it's fixed now and now i'm back to driving my baby :happy: still it's money being spent for no reason.

I used chips away ChipsAway Charged me £150, so I also got a few other scratches around the car done to. total job £250. Have a look on the website and get a quote. Some pics of the job they've done.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

IMAG0091.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

and not the best of photos as the sun was setting. but you get the idea.

Last edited:
400-500 for a bonnet? thats unreal, i had a rear 09 bumper and insert paint and the rear quater for 415 they even fitted the exhaust tips for me. and is a proper job and not mates rates or anything. panelcare rochdale

I've contacted an Audi Approved bodyshop that have quoted me £200 to spray and fit an '09 bumper without the insert but replace my aftermarket sensors which I didn't think was too bad. Gonna wait to hear what they have to say about this

Last edited:
Glad you got it sorted mate. I hate scum doing things like that. When I was a youngster (and by no means a perfect example) i'd still appreciate a nice motor, certainly wouldn't find the requirement to etch something into it's paint!

Gutted for you mate there just tossers who will probably realise how annoying they are when they get there own cars and have some pride in it

sorry to see that mate my old car was keyed TWICE, both times COMPLETELY down the whole side...totally raging.
I think ill take a look at chips away too as have a beast of a stone chip on my bonnet :_(

Chipsaway isn't a bad shout. I've got the tiniest little dent on the offside rear wing about the size of a 20p piece that's been winding me up. They could have a look at that too. Do you know if they do panel beating?

Feel for you, its sad they feel they have to do this to our cars! Seems we cant have nice things anymore. Hope you get it sorted

P*ss take mate. Sorry to see what's happend, gutted for you. Just don't understand why people do this....Scum I'm guessing. Hope you get it sorted asap. Cost me £150 to get my bonnet sprayed.
As other said for a full front respray about £400 maybe £450 depending on where you go.
Good luck and hope they get caught but as you said doubt much will come off it

I've contacted an Audi Approved bodyshop that have quoted me £200 to spray and fit an '09 bumper without the insert but replace my aftermarket sensors which I didn't think was too bad. Gonna wait to hear what they have to say about this

yeah that seems fair. if you thought it was going to be that much at least it feels better now you know it prob will be less.

sorry to see that buddy, youll be no more than 200 mate some folk really do deserve to have thier hands chopped off

God I'd end up in prison if I caught anyone doing that to my car

God I'd end up in prison if I caught anyone doing that to my car

I'd probably be the same, but annoyingly I took an oath.

Primum non nocere and all that...

Last edited:
Sorry to see this mate

I've got a friend that does spraying, he would usually quote about £150 for a bonnet respray

One of the problems with resprays is the quality of paint used, a local mobile repairer used cheap filling for my rims and cheap paint on the body panel of the car. What he told me was it was long lasting, after 2 years the laquer started peeling off the rims and a year later after that the paint started to wear off.

Sorry for your unfortunate event mate:slapped:

i get about 150 a panel less if its smaller but you should never be more than 200 and thats if the paintshop are stripping for you

ok being charged around £500 for the repair if the wing needs blending from Audi Approved paintshops. i've never had any experience with independents, so if anyone could recommend a good sprayer in W. Yorkshire or W. Midlands I'd be most appreciative.

cheers again,

S.

you should never need to blend a bonnet in black tbh mate tipping into the wings is pretty rare but getting the blend on a black should be easy for most bodyshops

shocking what people will do these days to get noticed...
must have been heartbroken :(
my parents car got key'd last year - from one end to the other, down both sides - that was expensive!

pretty big money, but you do get what you pay for mate.....if it was me i'd be getting several quotes, picking the most suitable based on price/previous work

buy cheap - buy twice

must have been heartbroken :(

might not be the best comment coming from a doctor, but i lost my faith in humanity a long time ago lol. nothing surprises me anymore.

what annoys me more is that the car park claims that only 3 ppl went past my car in the 17hrs it was parked with them, and neither approached the car.

except my car was parked next to the stairs to the exit on a full floor on a saturday night on the main night club street in the UK's 2nd city, and was empty when i returned. seems a lot of ppl in brum have learned how to teleport.

pretty big money, but you do get what you pay for mate.....if it was me i'd be getting several quotes, picking the most suitable based on price/previous work

buy cheap - buy twice

possibly, but i've been referred to a sprayer in Cannock near my mechanic Midland VW (top blokes btw).

he's put me in touch with a guy who's been spraying his racing bikes for years. and he's only charging £140. i might pop down and see what kind of outfit he's running, but i can't fault the recommendation.

Sorry to hear about this fella.

On a side note, would a keying show up alot on a white car?? Just dont want a shock next time im cleaning it.