Latest Diesel Scandal effects B9 models!

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
I have just read that a number of diesel models built since 2015 have been fitted with so called ‘cheat devices’.

The B9 3.0 TDi is reported to be one of the models affected and will shortly be issued with a recall by Audi.

Yeah, read this yesterday. Never bothered taking my A5 in for the software update but don’t think I’ll be able to avoid this recall :(

I have just read that a number of diesel models built since 2015 have been fitted with so called ‘cheat devices’.

The B9 3.0 TDi is reported to be one of the models affected and will shortly be issued with a recall by Audi.
Have you a link to this news?

Seeing as Audi had stated that the internal probe was over last year this isn't good for their reputation...

You couldn't even spec the 3.0 diesel when I configured my S4. That engine option seemed to have been removed.

As a new owner of an A4 Avant 3.0 TDi 218 (bought in December 2017 as ex Audi UK demo car) I was a little concerned it would need a software fix. You can check if the EA 189 NOx emissions recall applies to you here https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/emissions.html by entering you registration number. I was not affected and also called the number on the FAQ page and the chap confirmed this. Mine is a Euro-6 diesel 66 reg fyi.
I hope this helps as it appears to be in contrast to what the Routers article was saying.
All the best
Mark

I believe the recall hasn’t been issued yet but will be shortly, so the articles I have read state.

Will be interested to see what happens over next few months, our 2016 3.0TDI 218 Quattro had a software update (its second) at the same time as 20k mile service 2 weeks ago, ours also doesn't come up as needing modification in the EA198Nox but as has been said seems this recall hasn't been rolled out yet.

Which motors have asked audi uk if the euro 6 engines are now also to be recalled due to the cheat device as of yet no answer from Audi

I have a 218 66 plate.

Dear Sir/Madam,
We are pleased to confirm that your vehicle is not affected by the EA 189 NOx emissions issue. Please note: this information is valid only for Audi. For other Volkswagen Group brands, please visit the relevant brand website for the specific brand. The specific brand websites can be found at: www.skoda.co.uk www.vw.co.uk www.seat.co.uk

Has the 3.0l diesel the ea189 designation. I thought that refers to the 1.6 and 2.0l diesels...

The EA 189 nox recall is for euro 5 1.6 & 2.0 diesel engines. Any one putting there euro 6 engine car on the audi emission page will say car isn't affected. The press reports in Germany are for euro 6 3.0 tdi engines that they now say are suspected to be using cheat devices in. Audi dealers no nothing about it at the moment

Reactions: cuke2u
The EA 189 nox recall is for euro 5 1.6 & 2.0 diesel engines. Any one putting there euro 6 engine car on the audi emission page will say car isn't affected. The press reports in Germany are for euro 6 3.0 tdi engines that they now say are suspected to be using cheat devices in. Audi dealers no nothing about it at the moment
This is what I thought...

Amazing that the media are making so much fuss over this monkey test, do they not know this goes on all the time with the products they themselves are using and with many different animals as well? https://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/laboratory/testingchemicals The usual hypocritical press not understanding that the EU, along with other countries have been promoting the toxicity tests for years...

Have just seen audi uk have now informed which magazine that uk euro 6 cars are affected but no more news on what models but which are saying v6 and v8 diesel models. I called audi uk last week and was told it didn't affect my 66 plate v6 3.0 tdi !!

That's because the dealership don't know and are still working to the ea189 recall...

I guess they don't know either, or are just as confused as we are as they don't appear to have their stories right. Perhaps it depends upon who you talk to...

One of the reasons i chose petrol ......another is reported in the papers last week diesel used values down 10% Petrol cars up 10%

Reactions: cuke2u
I think they didn't know anything as they asked have i received a letter from audi the person i spoke to wasn't even aware it was in all the national papers last month.