Latest B9 Campaign Updates

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
So Audi have let me know that there are a number of campaigns at the minute for the B9. These include a number of updates. Anybody know what these are?

There's an apparent ECU update (Improves Gearbox Lag, ratio) out that Audi seem to be denying exists where as others are suggesting they have been done by Audi Techs

Take it that update is for the stronic? How would they change ratios though. Is that not mechanical.

Nope. S4 and S5. ZF transmission.

Apologies, not exact ratios for the (assuming) spur gears.

More of the (length of time) ratio for gear changes, it's dimwitted and holds on too long.

Last edited:
Reactions: WesT-gefül
Nope. S4 and S5. ZF transmission.

Apologies, not exact ratios for the (assuming) spur gears.

More of the (length of time) ratio for gear changes, it's dimwitted and holds on too long.

Yes I though initially how would they change the ratios as that’s a mechanical part. Get you now. I’ve also found it holds too long. Especially 5th gear.

I had three done today, 'aerodynamic trim', activated charcoal filter and some software update which miraculously made it due a service while it was in the garage. Though to be fair at 12k miles its probably right.

I also had a burst rear shock absorber which was done under warranty. Had to wait a week though - S4 felt pretty good after a week in a 1.4!

I have noticed today the date of next oil change has gone from around 340 days to over 700 to almost match the “inspection” date? Result really!

I think that it calibrates itself over the first few hundred miles, taken from the manual:

"Applies to vehicles with flexible oil change service:
You cannot check the service interval on a new
vehicle until it has been driven for about 500 km. "