Latest Audi **** up...

Easier in the 70's , you want extras okay we will fit a radio

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
At least trim colours can't be messed up , you are not relying on others to input the wrong codes
New I ran the Audi app , generated the code , gave it to Audi Aberdeen , perfect service.

Sorry dont want to shatter your illusions but you are wrong, bitter experience here........

Don't matter if you have a configurayor code or not your Audi salesman has to manually enter your options into the Audi AG system and the system they enter into is the most complex non user friendly system you could imagine.

I have seen it firsthand when my second car was ordered the head of sales made the same mistake which was only picked up by the head of business just before the submit button was about to be pressed

If you got your car to spec then great but don't assume just 'Cos you have a configurator code your order will be correct.

Even if the order is correct there can be factory errors!!!!!!!

Reactions: Simon L and Andyescos
At least when you go in with the print out and hand it to them there is no disputing the mistake as your fault

Not budging on anything. Been offered a sepang saloon with the black kit which is elsewhere in the country or its a fresh order and who knows how long a wait.

I do like sepang but actually considering just telling them to stuff it and buy something else!

Nothing wrong with ford dealers no pretence, went to vw with the sister and law to look at a 3 cylinder polo , salesmen " you want discount on a straight sale" good bye! bought a fiesta pre reg , fantastic deal , some days later vw phone up ,maybe we could do something , too late.

Reactions: voorhees and Snibo
Not budging on anything. Been offered a sepang saloon with the black kit which is elsewhere in the country or its a fresh order and who knows how long a wait.

I do like sepang but actually considering just telling them to stuff it and buy something else!

Hang in their mate it's only day one. Wait and see what Audi UK come back with.

Have you told the dealer you have gone to Audi UK?

Reactions: Simon L
Ordered A rated double glazing with a black warm edge spacer bar, the whole lot turned up light grey .

Thats 32 individual panes all wrong that he had to re order and remove and replace.

Nil l profit for him.

The funny thing is that he'd have had to have specifically requested grey as all warm edge spacers are black as standard...

PS nice to see a double glazing comment on the forum!

Reactions: Gazwould
That's even worse , I chose black because it blends with the black gaskets .

He blamed it on his wife when ordering .

10 years previous I had a rear and front door fitted , they forgot the letterbox and the mail ended up blown over the garden for a week.

That's exactly what happened to me when I ordered my car with Hitchin Audi. I was told by the sales chap that when customers order S3s, it's automatically assumed that it's a 3dr hatchback that's required! I politely pointed out that S3s come in four variants! Had to wait a further 2mnts!

That's exactly what happened to me when I ordered my car with Hitchin Audi. I was told by the sales chap that when customers order S3s, it's automatically assumed that it's a 3dr hatchback that's required! I politely pointed out that S3s come in four variants! Had to wait a further 2mnts!
My problems were with Hitchin!!!!

Tbh I was walking out of my dealers on my way to buy a Jag. My daughter wanted to get an A1 ( I wanted the S3), she persuaded me to stay.
Unless they came up with something like an equivalent courtesy car till your factory order is fulfilled I would walk.
I told Audi uk about the bad service I was getting and now buying a jag , and magic happened. Suddenly everything I asked for and more was done.
We both now have our cars and happy.
I have a 350 mile trip tomorrow (youngest back to uni) and looking forward to it !

I told Audi uk about the bad service I was getting and now buying a jag , and magic happened. Suddenly everything I asked for and more was done.

Seems to be a common tactic.... offer nothing but if you stick to your guns then when they do rollover nothing is to much trouble

I have a 350 mile trip tomorrow (youngest back to uni) and looking forward to it !

Taking my daughter back this weekend and then my son for a uni open day in 10 days time...always good excuse to blast-up and down some motorways and always look forward to them

Thing with waiting too long is the increase in expectation, which sometimes becomes difficult to meet.

Now, if you can decrease the wait and/or increase the value proposition, then IMO, you are more likely to be a happy owner.

I would be very tempted to move on, unless this was super sweetened.

Thing with waiting too long is the increase in expectation, which sometimes becomes difficult to meet.

Now, if you can decrease the wait and/or increase the value proposition, then IMO, you are more likely to be a happy owner.

I would be very tempted to move on, unless this was super sweetened.

.........I agree to an extent but move on to what? There really isn't anything else that offers the same overall package..................... (waits nervously for the inevitable competition suggestions.............:whistle2:)

Reactions: Jassyo06
.........I agree to an extent but move on to what? There really isn't anything else that offers the same overall package..................... (waits nervously for the inevitable competition suggestions.............:whistle2:)

Thats partially the problem - I've hinted that i want the spec'd up dealer principal which is heading their way for the same deal - Audi UK were useless - just told the dealer manager to call me - which he already had anyway!

Thats partially the problem - I've hinted that i want the spec'd up dealer principal which is heading their way for the same deal - Audi UK were useless - just told the dealer manager to call me - which he already had anyway!

I suggest you need to talk to the senior sales manager or head of business face to face..Its Saturday tomorrow. I would tell them you will be in late morning to discuss and wont leave until its resolved and be clear on what would be an acceptable settlement and if you go in to the showroom make sure they dont want to talk in a side office.

Sad fact is that AUK are never going to undermine and play referee in such a situation, unless there has been some gross foul play thats gonna tarnish the Audi brand.

The only leverage you have is what YOU can create with the dealer, bearing in mind their 100% fix for the situation is to order you another car..... there, see, they FIXED it! LOL!!!

Just go have a grumble to the DP and see what you can extract from him..... otherwise what .... CLA 45?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Seems to be a common tactic.... offer nothing but if you stick to your guns then when they do rollover nothing is to much trouble

Taking my daughter back this weekend and then my son for a uni open day in 10 days time...always good excuse to blast-up and down some motorways and always look forward to them

Yep and the reason I went for the S/B. I was serious about the Jag. I liked the XE , but with only a boot and the old Ford engine the S3 won. I was very serious about walking though and I would have if they had not sorted it . The main problem is the Missus wanted the A Class ( Yuk) . I have seen better plastics holding chicken in a supermarket than used in the A class !
Glad we have heated seats for tomorrow :)

Was not sure I would use the heated seats, even if standard fit on an S3, but with full leather sets really seeing the value of them in the cold weather

Was not sure I would use the heated seats, even if standard fit on an S3, but with full leather sets really seeing the value of them in the cold weather
That's one if the reasons I went alcantara mix. I've had alcantara before and liked it. Alcantara and heated , nice in this weather.

Reactions: Pulp84, Jcbmally and SW14NY'S
Talking of heated seats, I have them, and love them, but do find my fuel consumption suffers, especially when using them on the max setting. Anyone else noticed the same?

Alcantara and heated... Love mine.

Talking of heated seats, I have them, and love them, but do find my fuel consumption suffers, especially when using them on the max setting. Anyone else noticed the same?
Yep I lose about 2-3 mpg when on full..
Upload 2016 1 15 18 10 30

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
Sad fact is that AUK are never going to undermine and play referee in such a situation, unless there has been some gross foul play thats gonna tarnish the Audi brand.

The only leverage you have is what YOU can create with the dealer, bearing in mind their 100% fix for the situation is to order you another car..... there, see, they FIXED it! LOL!!!

Just go have a grumble to the DP and see what you can extract from him..... otherwise what .... CLA 45?

CLA 45...*** RS3................far classier...
Jassys big bro 2
Jassy big bro

Reactions: Simon L and pburv
Out of interest, what was on the order confirmation paperwork from the dealer?

So I'm a latecomer to this thread, but that's terrible customer service from the dealer. It's not some minor option that could conceivably have been missed by someone rushing a PDI. They should never have tried to hand over the car.

Yep and the reason I went for the S/B. I was serious about the Jag. I liked the XE , but with only a boot and the old Ford engine the S3 won. I was very serious about walking though and I would have if they had not sorted it . The main problem is the Missus wanted the A Class ( Yuk) . I have seen better plastics holding chicken in a supermarket than used in the A class !
have to agree with the a class comment. even drove the a45 - exterior of amg spec a class is fine, but its terrible inside and as for the fisher price stick on mmi type screen (ugh!!)

Who actually made the mistakes?

Dealer or Audi?

Remember that dealers are only franchises.

SO I've been quiet on here of late, basically because all the shine was taken off of my new S3 because it was delivered WRONG and I was waiting for the solution.

Mine was at least the right model colour with all the correct extras, but it turned up with silver headlining and the "Wing design high-gloss titanium alloy wheels"

I was offered a replacement order (that would take 20 weeks) and my current car would have to go back. The loaner would be lesser spec than an S3. Not sure what that would be, but the car is a lease vehicle and i wasn't prepared to wait another 6 months for a car whilst driving some lesser spec thing.

The dealer obviously didn't want to to re-order and was more interested that the wheels are a £300 plus option and I should be happy with that! That what ****** me off more than anything, the fact that they were trying to deflect and imply i was being difficult because I had a better deal even if the headlining is the wrong colour.

Anyway, I've decide to keep the car, I love the car, its superb and better than expected. The wheel's have grown on me, the headlining is fine and The dealer have offered me an Audi experience day as a good will gesture which is fine.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked with the amount of orders that are wrong. Audi have got to sort the dealers out.

Reactions: SW14NY'S