Latest Apple CarPlay Options/Offerings

Y11DKB

As per the title really.

I have a 2016 A6 Avant, and I’m looking to install Apple CarPlay, because the Audi MMI is absolute p00p, and seems to have come from 2005.

What are the current options on the market? And does anyone have any experience/recommendations etc?

I’m aware there’s probably a mixture of old threads on this topic already, but no doubt there’s some updated/simpler and more straight forward options on the market now too?

Any pointers are appreciated, thanks!

SBJ

DJAlix

VAG Car Coding™ Limited
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
VAG Can Professional
ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)
As per the title really.

I have a 2016 A6 Avant, and I’m looking to install Apple CarPlay, because the Audi MMI is absolute p00p, and seems to have come from 2005.

What are the current options on the market? And does anyone have any experience/recommendations etc?

I’m aware there’s probably a mixture of old threads on this topic already, but no doubt there’s some updated/simpler and more straight forward options on the market now too?

Any pointers are appreciated, thanks!
RMC or MIB Media system?

Y11DKB

RMC or MIB Media system?
Assuming RMC? Just noticed the software version has it listed?
D40034B2-5E58-410F-831C-6943DBAC5905.jpeg

DJAlix

VAG Car Coding™ Limited
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
VAG Can Professional
Thought that may be the case, any recommendations? Assuming there’s some cheaper alternatives on the market by now. Not all £500 options ha!
I don't supply these units myself, customers who are not confident in installing normally bring them to me. What I have noticed is there are only a couple of different manufactures for these units and that resellers just slap their logos and markup on them, with a massive markup being added by eBay sellers. Am not a fan of ordering from china but I normally suggest that people order from AliExpress where the units are around £180.00 so if you can be patient you will save a fair amount.

Y11DKB

I don't supply these units myself, customers who are not confident in installing normally bring them to me. What I have noticed is there are only a couple of different manufactures for these units and that resellers just slap their logos and markup on them, with a massive markup being added by eBay sellers. Am not a fan of ordering from china but I normally suggest that people order from AliExpress where the units are around £180.00 so if you can be patient you will save a fair amount.
Thanks so much for the help!

I don’t suppose you happen to have a link? To save me ordering the wrong spec/model.

I’ve used aliexpress before, definitely worth waiting and saving a chunk! :relaxed:

Is it a relatively simple install? Happy to try and attack it, sure I can trawl up a guide somewhere :smiley:

I don’t suppose you happen to have a link? To save me ordering the wrong spec/model.

I’ve used aliexpress before, definitely worth waiting and saving a chunk! :relaxed:

Is it a relatively simple install? Happy to try and attack it, sure I can trawl up a guide somewhere :smiley:
I too am interested in recommended units!

DJAlix

VAG Car Coding™ Limited
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
VAG Can Professional

Sorry, as mentioned I don’t supply these units so don’t really have anymore information other than what’s posted above.