Late Model C7.5 - USB Type?

RAF_S7

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have an early 2016 S7, with the MIB2 MMI and two USBs under the armrest.

These are regular power 2.0 USBs, and I’m struggling to keep my Samsung Note Ultra charged when using Android Auto on long journeys. The existing USBs are not “high powered/fast charge ports” and the charging rate can’t keep up with running AA and the Samsung’s hot-spot. Most I get is maybe 5 hours of continuing usage before phone battery life is down to 10%, while being charged via the USB.

I can plug in a cig-lighter Fast Charge adaptor, but that means I can’t run Android Auto which needs to be USB connected to run. - And no, I’m not changing to an iPhone before anyone suggests :puke:

Can anyone tell me if the later C7.5 cars have a higher power USB port fitted, that I could retrofit to the earlier C7.5 ?

cheers,
John.

I don't know about the C7.5, but in the C8 I use my phone (similar to yours) with AA and I always arrive almost fully charged.
The issue is not the phone. Can the C8 USB ports get installed in the C7.5? I guess it might, given that it is not a USB-C. Then a cosmetic touch will be needed. It is just a guess.

Reactions: RAF_S7